Chapter 3

I know. You have not seen me since a couple weeks ago. :D

"Don't make a girl fall for you if you have no intention of catching her."

 A gentle pitter patter sounded outside of Ami's cabin, making her smile a bit as she sat up in her fluffy bed and sat up and changed out of her nightgown and into a purple dress.

I'm so glad I don't have to wear those horrid hoops, she smiled at that, finding that there was actually much more to be happy about now that the first day was over and she had gotten a good night of sleep.

Knock knock knock

"Enter." she placed her simple silver crown back on her dressing table, replacing it with a ribbon to tie back her hair.

Lars opened the door and Ami raised her eyebrow at him. Was he her personal servant? She wasn't going to complain if he was, but she did find it rather particular that he was always the one checking up on her and not one of the servants that had come onto the ship with her.

"The Captain told me to ask you if you would honor us with your presence." Lars told her almost as if he were uncertain of himself.

"I'm not exactly hungry." Ami bit her lip. "But once I smell the food I'm sure I'll be ravenous."

Ami thought for sure the Lars was smirking. "I'm sure you'll love what we have cooked."

"Thank you." she said. A confused looked shadowed her face as she wondered if Lars was joking or not.

Lars eyebrow twitched up again, his mouth took on an amused expression.

"Now if you will kindly lead me to the Captain's table." Ami walked to the doorway and took Lars' arm.

"Do you keep swords on the ship?" Ami asked unexpectedly. "I used to train with the sword and would hate to get out of practice.

"You trained with the sword?" Lars looked at her with surprise.

Ami paused and withheld a gleeful smirk. "But yes, I did practice the sword. Father thought that it was very necessary that I know how to defend myself at all times."

"Could you take me on?" Lars glanced at Ami's seemingly frail frame. She was probably not strong enough to even hold one of Rhone's swords, much less a Svenlandian sword.

"I could try." Ami smiled sweetly back at Lars.

"We'll have to try it sometime." Lars looked skeptically at Ami's pale face, but he would humor her all the same. He would not turn down a sword fight with one so pretty. Especially if the chance arose to catch her if she happened to "accidentally" slip. Lars grinned. Yes, she was technically the Prince's property, but until the Prince's claimed her, he would have his fun.

They continued to walk towards the Captain's table in silence. Lars opened the door for Ami, letting her pass him in the doorway into the room with a select few who also sat at the Captain's table.

"Thank you for joining us, Your Highness" the Captain, or what Ami assumed to be the Captain, said as he(and all of the other officers) bowed, "we're delighted with the Crown Princess's company."

"The pleasure is mine. Thank you for inviting me." Ami acknowledged the men. "And please, we are not in court and titles are not important, I would prefer it if you all called me Ami."

The Captain's eyebrows shot up. "But Your Highness, it isn't prop-"

"Now now, we are not somewhere where formality is necessary." Ami smirked before adding. "I command you as Crown Princess to the Throne of Rhone, soon to be Carenthia-" she cringed at that, "-to call me Ami."