Chapter 23

Boo terrible chapter but hey, I had thirty minutes to write 1500 words (I only ended up doing 500) and so I failed but yeah *dies* happy new year?

Also, lol ^

"Don't try running away! We have archers aimed right at you," Lars's peevish voice announced. He stepped out from behind two armed men.

Eric's arms were crossed. Ami backed up behind Jack. He's angry that I stole his clothes.

"Come back to land and no harm will come to you!" Lars called.

"I let the time get away from me and look what happened," Jack muttered.

"What's going to happen?" Ami asked.

"We go back I supposed. Can't win against archers," he said.

He grabbed Ami's hand and they waded through the water, back to the shore.

"And what were you both doing in the water, might I ask?" Lars poked his nose in Jack's face.

"None of your business," Jack jutted his chin out.

"Guards!" Lars called his minions to come forward. "Take this man and woman back to father's place. Put the man in the disobedient servant quarters."

"What're you going to do with him?" Ami clung to his arm.

"That is not for you to know," Lars studied his dirt encrusted fingernails.

"I refuse to let you take him," she said.

"Hah. Do you really think you can stop me? I have armed men, and all you can do is cling to your husband like a scared koala bear," Lars snorted.

"Koala bears can be nasty," Ami said.

Her eyes glanced over the men. Three stood behind Lars with bows and arrows, two behind that with swords, and Eric - neither glaring nor approving.

"I have yet to meet a nasty koala bear," Lars said.

Jack placed his arm in front of Ami to keep her from lunging at Lars.

"Bind them both," Lars snapped his fingers.

A swordsman pulled out some iron chains and tied up Jack's hands, then did the same treatment on Ami.

"Take them away!" Lars flicked his hand. "Have the man beat."

Ami's eyes widened. "Lars, you-"