Chapter 6

Most bestest thing today

Most bestest thing today. ^^^ :D But actually, I have gotten a decreasingly amount of votes these past few chapters(as in fours and fives apposed to nines and tens) which does not please this girl. *points to self* So, you are going to vote, and you are going to make other people vote too. >:D Kidding. Do whatever you want. (But please vote if you like the chapter! *puppy dog eyes*)

"It's stupid really." Jack angrily watched his servants packing a few trunks. "I don't see why I should have to pick her up when Father could just have easily sent some servants fetch her. "

"Maybe he wants you to try and get to know her." Mad suggested and frowned at the way his mood had turned grumpy.

"I wouldn't have gone unless Mother hadn't threatened to find me another wife among the castle maids. " Jack ignored what Mad said. "Which would be even worse since they'd only like me because I'm a prince, and the alliance wouldn't have gotten anywhere with anything but I still don't want to go and see her any earlier than I have to."

"Don't be such a prick." Mad rolled his eyes. "You aren't any better than her, so stop acting like it."

Jack glared. "You are not the one marrying her and I'm the Prince. I will complain if I want to."

Mad glared back. "She can't be anything near as bad as you, and yes, you can complain, but it won't help your situation at all."

Jack said nothing in return but simply continued to glare. He turned around and slammed down the lid on his trunk. His servants jumped back in surprise.

Jack locked the top and dragged it off of his bed without a word, storming out of the room and slamming the door behind him.

Mad sighed and waved his hands at the servants. "You can leave."

The two of them nodded and hastily left the tension filled room.

Mad put his head in his hands. What did I do? I get all grumpy and then take it out on Jack. But why am I in a foul mood? He felt like kicking something. Or maybe whacking a pillow. Or yelling at someone. Anything but acknowledge the fact that he had been in a somewhat grumpy mood when the King and Queen had started being so incredibly cheesy and made him realize how much he actually missed the delights of being so in love that he would make a fool of himself just for that one person.

<><><>

"Here, Your Majesty. The King said that everything you need to know is in there." a servant handed Jack a parchment of sealed paper with the instructions and details concerning the Princess. The servant bowed and backed away, leaving Jack with the instructions.

"Thank you." Jack replied dully to the retreating servant. "Well this is it. Off I go to capture the poor little princess."

He mounted his horse and then the whole company of men started to move towards the Middle Sea.