Prologue

This is the prologue (more like chapter one but not really) of my story Rejecting the Alpha. This is my first werewolf story, it's probably very sucky but I'm trying.

Please don't copy! All rights reserved.

"As all of you may know, I have gathered you all here today to inform you that the Alpha of the Lunar Shadow pack will be visiting our pack in a couple days

"As all of you may know, I have gathered you all here today to inform you that the Alpha of the Lunar Shadow pack will be visiting our pack in a couple days. The reason for this is because we have decided to create an alliance between our packs," Alpha Bryan spoke to my pack. His booming voice echoed in the room. A few people let out gasps and my eyes widened.

Why the hell would Alpha Bryan want to get involved with them? This is absurd!

Alpha Bryan continued after everyone hushed down, "We have made a deal, he will give us his best warriors who will train our warriors to be stronger. He has not yet decided what my end of the deal would be. He will either make the deal official or disregard it. So, please clean up your houses and get organized so we can make a good impression. That is all I have to say, have a good evening."

The Lunar Shadow pack is coming here? I've heard stories about their ruthless Alpha, even his own pack is somewhat scared of him.

Alpha Parker.

His name doesn't even sound scary but I don't want to assume anything.

Lucky for our pack, the Lunar Shadow pack is the neighboring back to the East. Note the sarcasm. Definitely don't want to mess with them, that's for sure.

Some rumors have gone around saying that a group of pups were playing by the boundary line, and Alpha Parker was there, I think the rumors had said that he was arranging his guards or something like that, and he captured the pups and taken them under captivity for crossing the line. They were never heard from again.

Like who freakin does that!

I got up from my seat and made my way over to my father, the Beta of the pack.

"Hey, dad. You know I love you," I greeted putting on my best smile while placing my arm around his shoulder. My dad chuckled as he turned to me, "Yes, you may go for a run, but be back before dark."

The grin on my face grew. I leaned and kissed him on the cheek. "Thanks, dad. Tell mom to leave the dishes for me." He nodded his head in response before he replied, "Sure thing, kiddo." I removed my arm from his shoulder before turning to the door and heading out. I pushed the door open and exited out of the pack house. I smelled the air and the smell of fresh rain hit my nose and smiled.

I love the smell of rain.

The cool fall breeze blew past me hitting my skin. Immediately goosebumps formed on my arms.

Better shift now so I can get warm.

I walked over to the forest behind the pack house and went over to one of the tall trees in search for a good tree to shift behind. As I walked, little creatures scurried past me. A doe stood a few feet away. It lifted it's head and stared at me, examining me to see if I was a threat. Realizing that I wasn't going to hurt it, it continued to graze on the grass.