Chapter Twenty-eight

"Wait, I'm confused," I said after the girls pulled away

"It's a surprise birthday party, how are you confused?" Peyton asked. A surprise birthday party? Well that explained the balloons...and the banner that said 'Happy Birthday!'.

I started at them not knowing what to say. They had planned a party for me. Wow, they're good.

"Why?" I asked as I looked around, a smile forming on my face matching the girls'.

"It was Alpha's idea!" Riley piped in. It was Kennedy's turn to add something, "But we did the planning. He did make suggestions though."

It was Parker's idea? Was that the reason why he didn't want me to go pack to my pack? I felt a strange feeling flow through my body and I didn't know why. Did he care?

The girls pulled me onto the dance floor and we all started dancing. I was greeted by many other pack members who wished me a happy birthday. I honestly didn't know how to respond to all of it. "Wake Up" by The Vamps played loudly on the speakers.

I definitely was impressed by the set up. The girls had really out done themselves.

I hadn't seen Parker at all. I was currently at the food table, filling a plate up with mostly desserts. I sat down at an empty table and began eating. I slowly stopped eating when I felt eyes on me. Looking up from my plate, my eyes looked with green ones.

Parker was leaning against a table and someone was talking to him, but his eyes were on me. His hair was tamed but still looked good and his jaw was clean shaved. He had on a black button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a pair of dark blue jeans.

His gaze was intense as his eyes observed me. He turned to the person talking to him and said something before walking towards me. I looked back down at my plate and continued eating. It was then he reached my table when he cleared his throat.

I glanced up at him. He was leaning against the table with his arms crossed over his muscular chest. I gave him a small smile and a look of surprise took over his features.

"Thank you," I said as I took the last bite of the Nutella brownie that I was holding.

"For what?" Parker asked looking confused.

I gestured around us. "For this," I responded. "It's amazing. Especially the food."

He nodded his head while scratching the back of his neck and looked at the ground. I narrowed my eyes at his face and thats when I realized his cheeks were pink.

"Are you blushing?" I blurted out. His cheeks became even more red and I smirked. "You are!" I unconsciously lifted my hands up and pinched his cheeks.

He glared at me and swatted my hands away. "No, I'm not."

I continued smirking at him as I picked up my trash to throw it away. He followed me when I went to the trash can.