Chapter Forty-two

Thank you so much covfefe_ for the cover! I think it's really good and I love it a lot! I will put the other cover she created at the bottom.

Song: "PILLOWTALK" by ZAYN

[WARNING: SOME MATURE CONTENT AT THE END] I will put '+' so you will know and can skip it if you want to. Just to warn you it might by pretty shitty but we'll see how it goes.

[UNEDITED]

I sighed, a smile gracing my lips as I leaned under the warm water beating down my back

I sighed, a smile gracing my lips as I leaned under the warm water beating down my back. It felt amazing to finally be able to be clean. I watched dirt mixed with water flow down the drain. I washed off the cuts and all the dried up blood off my skin.

After cleaning and showering, I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body. I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I cringed at myself. My skin looked paler and I looked thinner. My eyes were dull and lifeless. I stared at all the scars on my body.

I didn't know what to think about it. I continued to stare at them. I thought about how I survived all this.

The scars will remind me that I survived.

I heard a knock on the door. I walked over to it and opened it. Parker stood there, leaning against the frame. His eyes swept over my body, his eyes slightly darkening.

"Can I help you?" I asked with a slight smirk on my face.

Parker looked back up at me and scratched the back of his neck. "Uh, I just came to check up on you," he told me. He then took a step towards me, his eyebrows furrowing. Gently, he turned me around so my back was to him. I then felt his fingers lightly brush against the scars on my back. The sparks from his touch and the warm from his fingers sent shivers throughout his body. It all felt amazing against my cold skin.

I then felt his soft lips press against the scars on my back. My hands tightened on the towel as a sight left my lips.

Parker placed his arms around my waist and pulled me towards him so my back was pressed against his chest. I could feel all of him. He moved my wet hair to the side, away from my neck. Another sigh left my lips as he placed his lips on my neck. He moved up my neck, up to my jaw, and then to my ear. His teeth lightly tugged on my earlobe before he whispered in my ear.

"You're so beautiful." His breath tickled my ear causing my breath to hitch. "Every inch of you."

His hands slowly moved away from me and he stepped away. I turned to look at him and he had a small smirk.

I narrowed my eyes at him, but I could feel my cheeks heat up. He then turned around and walked out of the bathroom. But before he closed the door, he looked at me.

"Get ready by 7:00. There will be a welcome home party for you. I'm sorry that you just got here, but our pack is happy that you're home, safe, and want to celebrate."