Chapter Thirty-one

Song: "Gasoline" by: Halsey

[UNEDITED]

"Who do you think he was talking about?" Parker asked me as we sat in the living room of his house

"Who do you think he was talking about?" Parker asked me as we sat in the living room of his house. We were watching TV but I knew neither of us were actually watching. My family was still here but I needed time to think.

I shrugged my shoulders. "If I knew, I wouldn't have asked the man myself," I responded. I glanced at him out of the corner if my eyes. "What about you?"

Parker looked deep in thought. "I don't know. Obviously whoever he is, got as many rogues and hunters as he he could get to work together. It's also someone who knows you. Maybe a relative or something? Maybe it's someone who knows me," he muttered. His eyebrows drew together as if he remembered something and he clenched his fists.

His calmness was gone and the previous anger was somewhat back. "What?" I asked unsure if he was going to break something or not. Hopefully not the TV, it was definitely a good one. It had a nice sound system and large screen.

He leaned back on the couch and roughly ran his fingers through his hair. "I think the man who's after you, is the same man who attacked my pack and killed my mother."

.

.

.

"Today we will be fighting in our human forms. Partner up, take turns practicing on defense," Matthew, the head warrior and pack trainer, spoke loud and clear so we could all hear him. I partnered up with Winter, like usual. She was pretty quick and had said her father trained her all the time .

"Do you want to be on defense first or should I?" Winter asked me. I shrugged not really caring. She moved to stand in a defense stance as she prepared herself. We started training and took turns. We successfully managed to make ourselves tired before training was over and became sloppy. Training has been going for three hours without breaks, so of course we would be tired.

"Take a break, everyone. Alpha has something to say when the break is over. You have five minutes," Matthew spoke up. Both Winter and I let out a sigh of relief as we stopped training.

"You did great," I said to Winter. She grinned at me, "You too."

I picked up my small white towel and wiped the sweat off the back of my neck. Today, training was done in the gym because it was raining pretty hard outside.

I picked up my bottle of water and finished the rest of it. I went to the recycling bin and threw the empty bottle in it. A voice stopped me from leaving.

"You did good today." I turned to the source. My lips curled up into a smirk.

"You watched?" I asked curiously. Parker lifted his hand and scratched the back of his neck. I watched the way his muscles moved at the action. He had on a tight black tank top that hugged his muscles and black athletic pants. Sweat covered his body in a yummy way. I averted my eyes so I wouldn't keep looking at his muscles.