Chapter Forty-one

Thank you kaori_nakahodo for the covers! I love them so much! I'll have the other covers you made in the author's note at the bottom.

[UNEDITED]

*Jasmine's POV*

*Jasmine's POV*

Parker pulled me up the stairs, one arm wrapped around my waist to keep me steady, while I draped an arm around his shoulder.

I still felt dizzy and my skin still burned, but the feeling of Parker's around me somewhat soothed me. I wanted more but I kept telling myself that it wasn't the right time.

When we reached the top, Parker looked around to make sure no rogues were around. I squinted as light hit my face. My eyes adjusted themselves to the light and soon I was able to see again.

My eyes settled on Parker. He looked extremely exhausted and his eyes had dark circles around them. Other than that, he looked extremely sexy, his dark hair messy and his chest bare for me to stare at.

He turned to look at me and his lips immediately pressed into a firm line, his jaw clenching. He lifted his hand and cupped my face. He tilted it to the side and examined it.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "I'm going to kill him," he whispered, his voice deadly and dark.

"I'm fine," I reassured him just to calm him down even though I felt like complete shit. I probably looked like shit and smelled really bad because hygiene seems to be non-existent here. A nice cold bath sounds amazing right now.

Parker's eyes narrowed and I knew he could see right through my lie. His eyes continued down my body.

"What did he do to you, baby?" He murmured pulling me towards him into another hug. I didn't respond to his question. Instead, I returned his hug.

I looked up at him through hair hanging in my face. His jaw was clenched.

"I promise that I will make him suffer painfully and slowly," he told me as he lifted his hand and brushed the hair hanging in my face away.

His eyes examined me once again and the anger in his eyes grew. "Come on, we need to get you out of here."

Before we could get anywhere, a voice so chilling stopped us in our tracks.

"You thought it was going to be this easy?" he asked.

Parker and I turned around to see Darius, the Rogue King, standing there with a smirk on his face. His eyes were still red. Probably because I was still in heat, but he looked like he was trying to control himself.

Parker looked like he was going to murder him. I narrowed my eyes at him as well. Parker put a protective hand on the small of my back.

Darius continued to smirk. Then I heard a click that made my heart drop.