Chapter Twenty-five

I walked away from Parker's office and back down the hallway

I walked away from Parker's office and back down the hallway. Before I got to the door, it opened revealing a tall girl long blonde hair. She had on white skinny jeans, a denim jacket, and a light pink crop top. To top it off she was wearing white killer heels that I probably would trip wearing.

She was laughing with the girl next to her who had chestnut colored hair. Their eyes landed on me and I offered them a smile. They both returned it but it seemed forced for the blonde one.

"Hey, you don't seem familiar," the girl with chestnut colored hair spoke up. She was wearing blue skinny jeans and a white tank top with a black jacket.

"No, I'm not," I said. The blonde girl looked bored so I just focused on the other girl. She stuck out her hand and introduced herself, "I'm Chloe."

"Jasmine," I responded shaking her hand. The blonde girl's head snapped towards me and narrowed her eyes. I frowned at her not really understanding why she was looking at me like she wanted to kill me. I didn't do anything.

Chloe elbowed her making her scowl. She rolled her eyes before introducing herself. "I'm Stephanie, Parker's mate." She smirked at the end.

I felt my eyes widen at the last part of her sentence. So this girl thinks Parker's her mate. I rolled my eyes and felt a smirk form on my face.

This bitch thinks she'll get a reaction out of me. I don't think so.

"Nice to meet you," I said faking a smile. She looked taken aback that I didn't say anything. She opened and closed her mouth before frowning at me. I raised an eyebrow at her, taunting her.

She was about to say something but voices from down the hall cut her off. Stephanie's face lit up as she glanced over my shoulder. I looked behind me and saw Parker and Zander coming down the hall. She walked past me and over to Parker.

"Parker!" She shrieked and then tossed a smirk over her shoulder that was directed towards me. My eyes fell on Parker who was wincing at the sound of her voice.

"What?" He snapped at her. He looked annoyed. She snaked her arms around his neck which caused Irene to growl. I frowned not liking the fact that another female was touching him. Of course it was just the mate bond speaking but still.

"Don't touch me," he hissed as he tried to get out of her grasp. I tried to hide my laugh as I bit the inside of my cheek.

She gave him puppy dog eyes. "But baby. I bought the cutest pair of lingerie for you," she said seductively while fluttering her eyelashes. She tried to lean in to kiss him but he leaned away from her. He cringed before looking my way. I was glaring daggers at Stephanie's back. He smirked at me before trying to push Stephanie away. She clung to him like one of those annoying flies that never seem to go away.

"I'll be ready tonight like always," she winked at him.

His nose flared as he clenched his fists. He looked like he wanted to beat the shit out of her. "What the hell are you yapping about?" He growled out.