Chapter 1

My eyes slowly open, but I can hardly see a thing. What even happened? Where am I? I'm supposed to be dead, the Dread Doctors killed me. I slowly sit up and look around. I see a few other people, no, bodies, laying near me, and we're all surrounding a tree stump. I see a girl laying on the ground just a few feet in front of me, her strawberry blonde hair being filled with dirt and leaves.

"What happened?" I ask to no one in particular, since I don't think there's anyone else around.

"I saved you," an all-too-familiar voice says from behind me. Theo.

I turn around to face him. "You..."

"Me."

"You son of a bitch!" I run at him as all of my senses sharpen and I switch into one of my two chimera forms, I'm not sure which.

He grabs my wrists and stops me from attacking him. "Echo. I know you're mad-"

"I'm beyond mad, Raeken!"

"Just let me explain and you'll understand why I did what I did."

"I understand all I need to. You're with them."

"Echo I just brought you back from the dead. The least you can do is let me explain."

I shake my head. "No. Now leave."

He shakes his head and walks over to a couple more people, injecting them with things and they slowly open their eyes.

"Who-who are you?" a girl with scales covering half her face asks.

"I'm your alpha. You're all my pack," he says with a slight smile.

"Wait, what?" I ask.

He nods. "You heard me. C'mon, the group of us have work to do."

I look at the other teenagers just brought back from the dead, and they all seem to believe him.

"He's the bad guy," I say.

He shakes his head. "No Echo, you don't really believe that."

"You don't know what I do and don't believe."

"Yes, I do."

"Well how could you really tell then?"

"Because. You want to hate me, but you don't."

"Yes, I do."

"No. You don't hate me. because if you did, you would've left by now."

I just stand there, staring at him. I don't wanna keep looking but I can't bring myself to walk away.

He walks back over to me and takes my face in my hands. "Echo I'm sorry. I'll explain later, I promise."

I take a deep breath. Can I trust this guy? After he just let them kill me? Maybe I should let him explain...

I nod slightly. "All right. But this is your last chance."

He sighs in relief. "Thank you." He looks at the other people he revived. "Come, we've got work to do."