Chapter 21

**A/N I don't remember the other scene in the locker room or more than half this one, so I'm gonna skip to when Mason shifts

"That's not my name," Mason says as his eyes turn bright blue.

"Transformation... Without frequency." The Surgeon looks at Mason as shadows form around him.

"Mason!" I yell.

Mason is completely emerged in shadows, and he immediately grabs one of the Dread Doctors and rips their head off. Gotta say, I'm a little relieved.

A horrible feeling sinks into my stomach. Worse than the others.

Go! Go, save him! Hayden Romero... Go find her. Be happy with her. Go!

My own voice rings through my head.

"Echo!" Theo yells as he pulls me out of the way of the Beast's claws.

I look at him, then turn and look for Liam. When I find him I run over to him. "Liam, we need to talk."

"Can it wait? Just until we're out of here?"

I sigh but nod. "You three, get out of here."

The Beast grabs another of the Dread Doctors and jumps out a window.

"Not without you," Theo says. "Never without you."

I run towards the window that the Beast broke and jump through it.

"ECHO!" He jumps out after me, followed closely by Liam and Scott.

I run at the Beast and stop only feet from it. "Mason."

The Beast puts the Dread Doctor down and looks at me. The shadows around him slowly disappear, but it doesn't reveal Mason.

The hellhound suddenly runs in and attacks him, but the man that was the Beast runs off.

"Who was that?" I ask.

"You've seen the Beast of Gévaudan," one of the men I met in the tunnels that one time says. "That was the Man."