Chapter 24

"Echo!" Liam yells.

I reach Sebastian and swing the pike at him, but I miss and he knocks it out of my hands. "Oh shit."

He slashes at me with his claws, causing me to fall to the ground while writhing in pain.

"ECHO!" Liam runs at me, picks me up, and starts carrying me away.

"Save him," I say between gasping breaths. "Mason. Save him."

"I'm not leaving you."

"Go! Go, save him! Hayden Romero... Go find her. Be happy with her. Go!"

"E-"

"GO!"

He gives me a rather rough, long kiss, then sits me against a wall. "I'll be back."

--

**A/N switching to 3rd person for this section

Theo enters the hall and sees Echo's body lying on the ground. "Echo?" He says.

He runs over to her and immediately checks for a pulse. It's still there.

"MASON!" he can hear Lydia yell from another hallway.

"You're okay Ec, you're okay. I'm gonna get you out of here." He picks her up and carries her into another hallway, where Gerard, Argent, Scott, Liam, Corey, Lydia, and Mason are standing.

"Is she dead?" Liam asks.

"Not yet, but close."

"I'll take her," Corey says. "No one will see me."

Liam sighs. "Get her to the animal clinic as quick as you can."

Corey nods and takes Echo from Theo's grasp.

"You actually love her," Liam says to Theo. "Don't you?"

"With all my heart," Theo sighs. "That's why I gave the other one to her friend. That's why I risked so much for her."

Liam looks down at the ground, them at Corey. "Go."

Corey disappeared, Echo hanging limply in his arms.