Chapter 8

After school, when I'm at my locker, Theo walks up to me.

"Hey."

I roll my eyes and don't pay attention to him.

"I saved your life. The least you can do is talk to me."

I sigh, but turn to him. "What?"

"I'm sorry. I really didn't know the Beast was still gonna be there, I shouldn't have took you there so soon after it'd been there."

"You should've thought of that before it almost killed me."

He sighs. "I told you the story about it, right?"

I nod. "About how it was a man-eating werewolf that killed over a hundred people? Yeah, you told me."

"Actually, it was over five hundred."

I shake my head. "Theo. You're working with the people who brought that... that thing back to Beacon Hills. You trust them."

"You don't? Ec, they're not gonna hurt us anymore."

"Don't call me Ec."

"Just give me another chance."

"You're out of chances."

"I meant as an alpha. I don't know what we are at the moment, but I want you in my life in some way, shape, or form. Even if I'm just your alpha."

"I'm not in your pack anymore, I'm done."

"It's been one day."

"One day too long."

He sighs. "Echo please, don't do this."

"What're you planning?"

"What do you mean?"

"What's your plan? What's your course of action? Do you even have one?"

He nods. "There's this blind alpha, he knows everything about werewolves. He can tell us about the Beast. He can help us. He might be the only one. The only problem is actually finding him."

I sigh. "Let me know when you're not being crazy, and maybe I'll reconsider." I slam my locker shut and walk out of the school.

My mom's waiting in her car outside.

I get in, plopping down in the front seat. "Hey," I sigh.

"What happened?"

I shake my head. "Just problems with Theo."

"I told you it wasn't gonna work out."

I shake my head again. "No it's not that it's..." I close my eyes and lean back in my seat. "Just drive. Please."

She drives to the house, and when we get there I immediately go up to my room and pull out my phone. I go into my contacts, find Scott's name, and hit the call button.

"Yeah?" he answers.

"I know what he's planning."

"Good, tell me in a couple days when I'm back from New Mexico."

"What's in New Mexico?"

"My girlfriend. I'll be back in a couple days, tell me then. Until then just don't die, okay?"

"Okay. Bye." I hang up the phone and put it on my bed with a sigh. What's happened to me? Two weeks ago I had my best friend, no Beast of Gévaudan, and didn't have to worry about Theo. Meeting Theo practically changed my life, and not exactly for the better.