Chapter 22

"Why didn't you tell me." I groaned, trying to think of what I could do for him.

"Sorry, I lost track of the days... And I never really make a big deal out of it.

"Still. How am I supposed to plan a party for you in just one day? Especially since tomorrow is a Monday... You know what, I'm not going to school tomorrow."

"I don't need a party Yoongi. You don't have to skip school for me."

"I'm going to need to buy you a gift, a cake, figure out what we'll eat for dinner, these things are important." I face palm and try to think.

"Yoongi, seriously, it's fine. I don't need anything." He smiled and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"I don't care if you don't need anything. This is something I want to do. And I will make it happen." I start to plan things in my head.

My parents had forgotten my birthday this year and I never wanted any friend of mine to go through not having the recognition that a birthday does for you.

Alright. So. I don't have time to go out and place an order for a cake nor do I even have time to buy one, so I guess me and Jimin can have fun making one tomorrow.

As for a gift. Jimin likes art, well, we can call myself an artist for today.

"Hey what's your favorite animal?"

"Uh, a giraffe?" He says and I nod.

One portrait of a giraffe coming right up.

As for what we were going to do, I had a lovely selection of movies we could watch on Netflix and microwaveable popcorn.

For dinner we could order pizza.

Bam, Jimin's party spectacular was all planned out.

"Okay, that wasn't as hard as I thought it was. You stay in this room, you hear me? Unless you are going to take a shower, do not. Leave. This. Room."

"Okay, okay." Jimin put his hands up in defense. I run down the stairs and into my parent's office, hoping they wouldn't notice if I took a piece of paper, a pen, an orange and a yellow highlighter, and a red sharpie. I google a picture of a giraffe on my phone and tried to copy it as best as I could with the pen and I wondered why I didn't just use a pencil but there was no backing out now. I started with a pen, I was going to finish with a pen.

Once I got the shape down, I colored in the spots with the pen since there was nothing with brown ink that I could use. I color the body with the yellow highlighter and the tongue with the red sharpie. I take the orange highlighter and tried to copy Jimin's hairstyle on the giraffe's head. I colored the eyes black and prayed that the giraffe had some sort of resemblance to Jimin. I even gave it huge cheeks and a big smile.

"I think this is my best work." I put all the supplies I borrowed back in their places before hiding the drawing in the kitchen in one of the drawers.

I look up a recipe for cake and hoped that we had all the ingredients. If not I would call my mom and hopefully she would answer and I could tell her I needed the ingredients for a school project or something.

Thankfully though, we did have all the ingredients that we needed and even the appliances too. My mom used to bake a ton before the incident with my sister. When I was done setting that up, I went back upstairs to Jimin.

"Hey what kind of toppings do you like on pizza?"

"Uh, pepperoni?"