Chapter 38

I stared back at Jimin with the same horrified expression that he was wearing.

It was still processing in my brain that I had not been able to touch him, and it freaked me out and made me think of all the possibilities that could have caused this.

Was he getting better?

Was he getting worse?

Would he wake up?

Would he... not wake up?

Would he be unconscious for even longer than planned?

Whatever the right question was, I was scared for either answer to each one.

It was Jimin who snapped me out of my trance by shaking me. He could touch me. I could touch him again. Maybe I was hallucinating the whole thing. Maybe I was losing my mind. Maybe I'm just overthinking.

"Yoongi, it's alright now, wow, that was crazy..." He muttered, looking down at the floor. I grabbed his hand to make sure I could touch him and sighed in relief when I could.

"What just happened? Where were you?" I questioned, remembering that he was no where to be seen just minutes beforehand.

"I don't know actually... One second, I was in your room, then the next second, I was back here when you shouted my name. It was like I had disappeared. I'm really scared Yoongi, I don't remember what happened when I was gone or how long I was gone." Jimin rushed out, looking into my eyes with fear reflecting in his own.

"My hand just went through you, I'm not insane, right?"

"Yeah, that happened. But you can touch me now. Maybe it was because I had just reappeared?"

"Maybe..." I bit my lip. "I should call your mother and see how you are doing in the hospital." Jimin nodded in response and we both went upstairs to my room. I dialed Mrs. Park and waited for her to answer.

"Ah, Hello Yoongi, checking up on Jimin?" She asked in a cheery voice.

"Yes, actually, how'd you know?"

"Why else would you actually call me?" She scoffed and I could picture her rolling her eyes. As I got to know Mrs. Park, I noticed how sassy and laid back she was. We got along really well and I wondered what it would be like to have a mother like her. Jimin was extremely lucky.

"True." I laughed. "So?"

"Well actually, about an hour ago, Jimin showed some signs of waking up."

"What, really?" I felt my jaw drop before it changed into a huge grin. I put the phone on speaker mode in order for Jimin to hear the conversation too. "So you're saying Jimin will wake up any day now?"

"Well, there's a possibility. The doctor's are still trying to pinpoint something about the way his blood reacted with the poison and until they find a way to fix that, he won't be waking up. But, of course they'll find out what's wrong."

"Of course. This news just made my day, thanks for letting me know." I smiled.

"No problem Yoongi. I'll let you go now. You probably have homework that you're not going to do." I laughed at how true that was.

"Alright, thanks again. Bye Mrs. Park."

"Bye Yoongi."

And with that we hung up and I looked at Jimin, thinking that he would be just as happy as me.

"Jimin?" I asked. "Did you hear that? You're going to wake up!"

"Yeah. I'm excited." His voice was fragile and he wasn't looking me in the eyes.

"Maybe that's why you disappeared! Because you're getting better!"

"Yeah." His voice was low and something wasn't right.

"Why don't you seem as happy as I am?" I frowned, ruffling his hair.

"I have to tell you something." I furrowed my eyebrows trying to figure out what it could be.

"What is it?"

"Actually nevermind, it was dumb, haha, don't worry about it." I shrugged it off considering the fact that Jimin did that a lot. I didn't want to push the information out of him so I let him be.

"But another thing just crossed my mind," He started. "Sorry, I shouldn't have but I decided to do a bit of exploring through your house today and I saw the extra empty bedroom. Is it just a guest room? Or did a family member move away?

I didn't know how to bring up the subject of my sister's death. It's not that I hadn't wanted to tell Jimin, I just never got around to doing so.

"It was my sister's room." I stated, clearing my throat.

"Ah, you have a sister? Why didn't you tell me? She must be older right? Did she move out for college or get married or-"

"Younger sister."

"Oh, is she staying with another relative then? Since your parents are so busy?" I stayed quiet and Jimin just watched me expectantly, waiting for me to answer his question. When he realized I was taking longer than necessary to answer him, his smile turned into a frown. "Did something happen to her?" He questioned then gasped and covered his mouth. "It's okay if you don't want to answer, you don't have to."

"She died almost a year ago." I sighed out.

"How did she..." Jimin trailed off, not sure if he should ask or not.

"Hit by a car skidding on ice on the road. Coma. Never woke up." I said as monotone as possible, trying not to make it as big of a deal as it actually was. I wasn't in the mood to be sad after being told such great news about Jimin.

"What was her name?"

"Yerin."

"Like the member from GFriend that you like so much?"

"Yep."

"Is that why you like GFriend?"

"Yep."

"I'm sorry." He said and hung his head low."All the times I judged you for-"

"Don't worry about it." I gave him my best half hearted smile and pat his shoulder.

"Never woke up from her coma, huh." Jimin spoke quietly.

This was why I wanted Jimin to wake up so badly. At least he would wake up. He wouldn't leave like Yerin did.

"Your parents-"

"They never talk about her, they don't want to remember. They put all their focus onto their work and shut everyone and everything out. Including me."

"Yoongi, that's terrible."

"I'm used to it. It's their way of mourning."

"That doesn't make it any more okay. Have you tried talking to them about it?"

"No, and I don't plan on doing so."

"Yoongi, you have to talk to them about it or else the relationship between the three of you will drift even further apart. Yoongi, when's the last time you had an actual conversation with your parents?"

I stayed quiet.

"Exactly."

_________________

The story is getting closer and closer to it's end, I would say about 10 or so-ish more chapters

It all depends on how I decide to go about it from here

Any new predictions?