Chapter 41

He stayed quiet. My patience was growing thinner and thinner.

"Jimin?"

"It's nothing." He smiled it off and spun back around, away from me.

I wouldn't believe it, not for a second.

"You know you can trust me with anything, right?" I pressured him. Every time I felt like he wasn't telling me something, I usually let it slide, but for some reason, I couldn't this time. It kind of bothered me when he didn't tell me things.

"I'll tell you about it later, please don't let this ruin our time together right now."

Sighing in defeat, I decided to let the topic go for now. After all, it was our date and now the mood was off and I didn't want to mope and be upset. So I put on my best smile and agreed with him.

"Ok." I nodded and swung our hands as we continued to walk to the park in complete silence.

When we arrived, my prediction was correct. It was empty, no one in sight. Just the two of us.

"Ah, this is nice." Jimin commented and hummed to himself.

"I would race you to the swings but I don't want us to ruin our appearances." I said remembering how nicely we dressed for the occasion.

"I would've won anyway."

"How are you so sure?" I clicked my tongue and narrowed my eyes at him.

"Yoongi, have you seen yourself in the mornings?"

"But it isn't morning now, is it? I happen to think that I am pretty good at running."

Ball is life.

"You'll have to prove it to me another time then."

"It's a date then." I winked at him and he blushed, the expression oh so familiar to my memory.

Once we sat down on the swings, I began slowly kicking my feet in the air a bit. I didn't really want to go high because I was afraid I'd puke from all the nerves that were beginning to creep up inside of me.

My mind was begging to spit out the words that I've been struggling to keep in for the past couple weeks. Words that if someone had asked me about when I had only first met Jimin, I would've said that they were crazy.

We swung without talking for a bit. It was nice, serene even; just enjoying each other's presence.

"I never would have thought this would happen." Jimin spoke up quietly, and I smiled.

"Hm? You mean you on a date with me? Well it did, so, deal with it."

"Gladly." He chuckled and I grabbed his hand and held it between us as we rocked gently on the swings, back and forth.

"I honestly don't even know what to talk about. I haven't been on a date in who knows how long." I admitted, biting down on my lip and looking towards the sky.

"I haven't been on one at all... I think we just talk as we normally do, right?" Our eyes met and I nodded.

"Probably, since we're already passed the whole get to know each other stage."

There was a pause in our conversation, both of us waiting for the other to speak up. I took a breath about to say something, but Jimin's voice cut me off.

"You know, I'd come to this park, and most of the time I'd be thinking of you."

"Aw Jiminie, you like me that much?" I teased. He stared down at his feet.

"Don't get full of yourself, half the time I was thinking about stressful schoolwork." I watched Jimin's face burn again.

"But thinking about schoolwork is so boring. I think that the thought of me is much more interesting."

"I've known you since grade school, and at first I just thought you were really cool, and I wanted to be like you."

"Secret admirer?" I chuckled, actually a bit embarrassed.

"In a way. I guess that admiration turned into a huge crush in secondary school which turned into me really liking you in high school."

"Confessing to me again, are we?"

"Shut up, Yoongi. You always make me question why I even like you."

"You say this a lot and well, that's too bad. You have me now and you're stuck with me as I've stated before so whatcha gonna do about it?"

"I'll 'deal with it'." He mocked me and I rolled my eyes.

The words were burning at the back of my tongue, pleading over and over to just spill out but, even though the mood was right, I didn't think it was the right time.

We sat on the swings talking a bit more before we got tired of the swaying and moved to sit on Jimin's favorite bench.

As we continued talking, my eyes wandered around until they met something familiar.

MY + PJ

"Oh, I get it now." I looked at the inscription in a heart on the wood from the first time I had sat on this bench. "You really did think about me a lot here, huh?" I smirked and he looked over to see what I was talking about before immediately covering his face with his hands.

"I did that years ago, I completely forgot." He mumbled into his hands and I laughed at him.

"Jimin, you really don't have to be embarrassed with me about this, the feelings are mutual." Jimin then stood up. "Do you want to go now?"
He nodded and I laughed again, standing beside him and taking his hand in mine, leading him to my favorite spot in the forest.

When we finally got there, I plopped down on a tree stump in front of the view of the lake, Jimin sitting on one next to me.

"Still as pretty as ever." He mentioned and I agreed.

"Amazing views like these are even more amazing if you're looking at them with the one you..." I trailed off, not being able to finish the sentence. Jimin hadn't responded. We stayed quiet. It was never uncomfortable being like this with him.

It felt as if we had been sitting there forever. Once again, the words were eating away at my brain as my mind was consumed only with Jimin, the time I've spent with him, the way he feels about me, the way I feel for him, the time we've had together, how grateful I was for him, how he could cheer me up in the easiest ways, just everything about Park Jimin in general.

And that was it.

I couldn't keep it in anymore.

It needed to be said.

Obtaining his attention, I looked him straight in the eyes feeling confident and a bit scared and smiled happily. Jimin looked right back at me expectantly, waiting and probably wondering about what I had to say.

My heart began racing a mile a minute and my head pounding, but I managed to push the pressure and the nerves away, somehow being able to articulate the phrase in the most simple way possible.

"Jimin, I love yo-"

"Don't finish that sentence!" Jimin yelled and interrupted me with wide eyes, looking absolutely terrified.

And the words I heard next I could never forget.

_________________________

I'm gonna make myself cry