Chapter 39

"Jimin, I am not doing this."

"Don't be such a baby." He glared at me, but it had no effect. The amount of times I've received that look-

"What are the possibilities that they're even coming home tonight?" I rolled my eyes, knowing that there really was no chance.

"Yoongi, it's Thanksgiving, I'm sure they'll be here..." He sighed. I could tell he was unsure.

I knew it wasn't going to happen. Even if it was a holiday and my parents always worked hard and deserved so many days off, there was no way they'd come home, especially just for me.

"Well you're surely wrong. I refuse to get my hopes up. They even missed my birthday, Jimin. My birthday. I'm sure Thanksgiving is none of their concern right now. They're too focused on work and getting away."

"I know, but it's okay to have that little strand of hope, right?"

"That little strand of hope can really hurt someone, you know?" I thought about the time where Jimin being dead was a possibility, but that strand of hope was there, and Jimin was alive. To imagine what would have happened if he wasn't-

That would've hurt. Big Time.

"I know. But sometimes you have no choice but to hold on."

"This is not one of those times."

"C'mon Yoongi, hey, why don't you just call them?"

"Me? Call them? Are you serious?" I asked, trying to remember the last time I talked to my parents on the phone.

My mom about, three weeks ago:

"Hey, there's no food in the house so I left a list and money for you to go food shopping."

"Okay."

"That's all."

And then my dad months ago:

"Hey, R- oh, dialed the wrong number, Sorry Yoongi. Bye."

Seriously though, when was the last time I had an actual conversation with them? It would be too awkward to have dinner with them tonight anyway. As if they'd come.

What would we even eat?

"Yes, call them and, uhm, tell them that my parents invited you guys over for dinner."

"May I remind you that my parents don't know we're 'dating'."

"Well tell them then?"

"They don't know I'm gay either, Jimin."

"Ah, then just explain that to my mom and she won't say a thing."

"But that's weird-"

"Just say you're my friend and since I'm in the hospital, your parents should take pity."

"Does your family even want me over?"

"Well they're not going to say no. My mom loves you. She'd love to have you over for Thanksgiving, trust me."

"It's just kind of sad, you know?" I mentioned, mind flashing back to the hospital.

"Hm? What?"

"That you're in the hospital right now and can't go home to enjoy Thanksgiving with your family."

"It is sad, especially since you're in the same boat with me." Jimin pouted.

"Fine. I'll call your mom first." I said, pulling Jimin closer to me and pulling up the sides of his mouth to turn his pout into a smile. I didn't have to hold it up long though because he actually started smiling. I squished up his cheeks and pecked his lips. "Only because I... Don't want to see you upset."

Nice save Yoongi.

Jimin rolled his eyes and handed me my phone. I quickly dialed Mrs. Park's number before I could back out of doing it at all.

She picked up shortly after.

"Ah, Yoongi, I was just about to call you actually." She spoke cheerily.

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow questionably.

"Yes. Happy Thanksgiving!"

"Happy Thanksgiving to you too Mrs. Park. I was wondering if-"

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but do you and your family already have anything planned for tonight?"

"No, that's what I was going to mentio-"

"Great. Taehyung and Jungkook's families are coming over for dinner and I wanted to ask if you and your parents would be interested in coming as well."

"Oh, uhm, see, about that... I do want to come, I just have to see if they do too."

"Hmm, that's alright, just give me a call back later with your answer."

"But, there's some things we can't talk about if we do go." I sighed, not really wanting to hide anything about Jimin.

"That's perfectly fine, I understand. What things?"

"Well, they don't know that I'm..." I trailed off, hoping she would catch on.

"Gay? It's okay. We won't say a word, I wouldn't want to rush you into telling them anyways. I'll inform everyone else too if you do decide to come."

"Thanks Mrs. Park, you're literally the best."

"Don't I know it? Haha, call me back soon with your answer okay? I need to know how much food to make."

"Alright. Thanks again." And with that we hung up.

"Soooo?" Jimin nudged my shoulder."

"I just have to call my parents now to see what they say."

"Good luck with that."

I dialed my mom's phone number and it rang for a bit until she picked up. When she did I heard the sound of distant laughter and my mom's own laugh too.

"Hey, Yoongi, what's wrong?" She cleared her throat.

"Uh, nothing's wrong." I felt uncomfortable already.

"Ah, about tonight-" She started.

"Yes about tonight!" I said cutting her off. "My friend's parents invited u-"

"Your father and I won't be coming home tonight, coworkers invited us out to their Thanksgiving party."

"Oh... I see..."

"So feel free to go crash at Hoseok's, Jin's, or Namjoon's, okay?"

"Right..."

"I have to go now, goodbye."

"Bye mo-" She hung up before I could finish.

"Yoongi, are you crying?" I heard Jimin ask.

It took me a moment to realize that, yes, I was in fact crying. The built up frustration of being rejected by my parents finally decided to release and I continued to cry as Jimin tried his best to comfort me. It hurt. My own parents rather spend a family holiday out with their friends instead of their own son. It felt like they had completely forgotten I'd even existed. And that fucking hurt.

_________________________

*has not been updating as often bc I don't want the story to end*
Soon, soon.
But ok I made myself emo again.