Chapter 5

Comment faster, update faster. Its a motto Brownaynay's :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Vanessa's POV-

I didn't like shifting. Not at all. I think I may have gotten it from my mother, she never liked shifting either.

She wished she was never a werewolf, and just wanted to be human. Her mate was a complete jerk, and drinking led him to death.

She was never in love with him, rather, fell for a bad boy, aka, my father. He always said I get my rebellious side from him.

If I had said sorry the morning of the attack, maybe I wouldn't be regretting it now. The previous night mum and I had an argument.

The next night she was lying at my bedroom door, blood pouring out of her chest. It was too late to say sorry, her soul had departed from her.

The memories clouded my mind just as the steam from the hot shower clouded my vision. I let a tear roll down my cheek, unseen from the world, before shaking the memories out of my head and jumping out of the shower.

I slipped into some clothes along with my favourite pair of studded boots, and began dumping my boxes of belongings at the front door.

I let myself take a walk around the house one last time.

With each room, there was a happy memory, that was soon captured in a bad one. I'm excited, yet awfully miserable to leave this place.

'Ness! Guess who's here to take ya home! Get it? Like One Direction's album?' Jess screamed from the front door.

I rolled my eyes, walking downstairs.

Were they even classified as jokes anymore?

'I didn't even have to think about guessing' I smiled, as we both stood at the door, looking back at the house.

We both let out sigh that was strangely in unison, before Jess spoke.

'Im really gonna miss this place' I looked over at her, seeing the memories flash in her eyes.

'Same here' I sighed, flipping my hair to the side.

People say its a "Justin Bieber Hair Flick", but I fully claimed that motion since I was 5 so Justin can go stuff it up his arse.

There was a long moment of silence, before Jess suddenly laughed.

'Remember when we first met? Mum told me the story, Apparently we were four. I was sitting at the kitchen table, stuffing my face with food when you came over and told me not to eat so much. I poked my tongue out at you and you frowned. God knows how that lead to us being best friends' She said, as I laughed.

'Im pretty sure I remember giving you a cookie on the first day of school, just before you said, and I quote "I like You, I have a feeling we gon be fwiends for ages"' I said, shaking my head at her.

'Oh yeah! I remember that being the best cookie I ever ate' Jess looked off into the distance hungrily.
I rolled my eyes, punching her lightly on the arm.

'Come on, lets get out of here' I smiled, dragging her outside while she complained about her arm hurting.

Something about "Internal Bruising". I almost forgot the boxes of my crap, hopping into the car and halfway down the street before Jess' singing reminded me.

It went something like:
"NESS FORGOT HER SHIT LIKE NOBODY ELSE. THAT SMILE ON HER FACE SAYS SHE CANT TELL, CAUSE SHES SMILING AT THE GROUND SO IT AINT HARD TO TELL SHE DONT KNOOOOW OH OH" to the tune of What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction.