Chapter 16

Hullo there!

SHOUTOUT TO cute-_-gal! YOUR AN AWESOME.. UHM.. POTANA (Its like a Potato, and a Banana, cause I didn't know which one to call you. That's a compliment just BTW haha)

1: Does anyone wanna make me a book cover? Cause my skills in that department are kinda dry... lemme know in the comments or by direct message if you're interested :)

2. So you guys really gotta START ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS.

IF you read the last authors note my answer is:

I'm a Kiss-Virgin thing, never been kissed and not planning on being anytime soon ;)

Hmm so here's Chapter 16 cause I still luv youu..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Jesse's POV-

Dinner consisted of light awkward small talk.

The topics varied from the weather, to how businesses are run to collect money for the pack. That, and a whole lot of awkward silences and taps of cutlery against plates in between.

Theodore and Mum kept exchanging glances, linking to each other.

Valerie had finished her food, and was twiddling her thumbs under the table.

I leaned my head down a bit, to whisper in her ear unnoticeably.

'You a bit bored Val?'

She halted for a moment, before nodding shyly.

'Kinda' She whispered back.

'I know how you feel. This is pretty boring' I exaggerated a silent yawn, rolling my eyes towards my mum and Theodore.

Valerie threw her hand over her mouth, stiffling her giggles.

Christan shot me a confused look, after checking none of our parents had looked up at us. They were so engrossed in their own conversation, its like we weren't sitting at the table opposite them.

'Do you wanna play Dumb Ways To Die on Tyler?' I whispered, pulling my phone out from my pocket.

It was the only game I had.

'Who's Tyler?' Val whispered in reply, looking towards the door.

'This' I said, holding up my phone.

'Is Tyler James, the most trustworthy buddy you could ever have. My only love' I brought my phone to my lips, pecking him lightly.

Valerie giggled, taking Tyler as I handed him to her.

'Your so silly Mummy' She whispered.

'I know' I smiled down at her, looking back up at the table.

Mum was staring straight at me.

Not in a scolding way, or in a Smiley way.

Just blankly.

Theodore cleared his throat, making our eyes snap up to him.

'Before we remind the pack; stay safe in the woods. There has recently been an anonymous threat, so be careful when outside. We are still debating whether school should be permitted from next week onwards' Theodore said.

'So no school? That's ridiculous Dad! Alot of us are in our Senior year!' Christan read my mind perfectly, speaking up to what I was just about to say.

'Yes but this threat is like none we have received before. If an action is taken from their side, we will be forced to prepare for war' He said, cutting a slice of meat off his plate casually.