Chapter 11

Hello there :)

Sorry, I suck so bad at updating..

I'm still surprised you read this book :/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECAP:

Valerie had marked her place between the two of us, each one of us holding one of her hands. I had the house key, and had left it in the car, so we had to knock.

That was the scary bit, showing up with a child at my mothers doorstep.

Sounded more like The Secret Life Of The American Teenager if you ask me.

The door opened to my mother and Theodore, double taking at the sight of Valerie. I spoke up first.

'Um... Hi'

----------------------------------

-Jesse's POV-

Mum opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out, making her look like a gaping fish.

They both looked in utter shock.

Which they probably were.

'I- you two..' Theodore tried after a moment or two, but his words disappeared.

He looked at mum for help, but she was too busy carrying her eyes between the three of us. She finally out of her shocked state when her eyes met mine, a more serious look crossing her face.

She was silent for a moment, before looking down at the girl between us.

She did the weirdest thing.

She smiled.

'Hi there, what's your name?' Mum's voice came out sweet, somewhat like how she would speak to a child.

'Valerie' She said in almost a whisper, a bit shy.

Shyer than when she met us.

'Valerie, how about you come inside? I'm sure Hannah would love to take you to the backyard to play for a while. Right Hannah?'

Hannah came out from behind my mother, a warm smile on her face as always. Her eyes wandered to Valerie for a second. She gasped lightly, but quickkly covered it up with her smile once more.

'It would be my pleasure, come on Valerie' She said, holding out her hand to Valerie.

(A/N If you don't remember, Hannah is Kaitlyn's little sister. She was at Jesse's birthday party during laser tag, and does play an important role in this story so remember this girl! :D )

Valerie looked up at me, confirming whether or not she should go. She looked a little worried.

I nodded slightly, her emotions immediately changing. She let go of Christan and I's hand, and linked hers with Hannah's.

The four of us watched as the two walked away happily, completely out of sight before Mum and Theodore spun around to face the two of us.

I looked over at Mum, fire blazing in her eyes. You could almost see steam coming out of her ears.

She was beyond angry, as was Theodore when I looked over at him. He was staring down Christan just as Mum was doing to me. The stare was a mixture of disappointment, a little bit of worry, and mostly anger.

Christan laced his fingers through mine, pressing our palms together.

I didn't object to this, it was the only comfort I was getting.