Chapter Ten

My heart literally drops when I see Greg shoving his way through the crowd. Carter lets out a low growl, and his voice intrudes my mind, "Cosette, go inside."

I am sure my eyes widened like saucers when I hear his voice in my head, I mean he has never done that before! Again his voice says, "Now."

I frown, no I am not going inside. It's only Greg, what's he going to do against a whole pack? But then I see why Carter is stressing, about 20 men follow behind Greg. Slowly I step out of Carter's grasp. I clear my throat, and smile uneasily at the frightened pack, "Come on kids, lets go inside. We can play candy land!"

Every child looks up at their mother, asking for permission, when it is granted they all scurry inside letting out squeals of joy, completely unaware of what is going on. Carter speaks calmly, "Any elderly, pregnant women, or otherwise disabled people please make your way inside the house."

About 15 extra people go inside, and Carter nudges for me to go too. I shake my head, "No." I say in his mind.

He responds quickly, "I need you in the house. You need to keep them safe Cosette. They can't protect themselves."

I nod my head, and I don't even look at the scene that is starting to unravel in the lawn. When I get inside the house I can howling outside, and the children look up, "What's going on Luna?"

Everyone goes around and closes the blinds while I try to distract the kids, "Nothing sweety. Everything is fine!"

I open up one of the white media cabinets and being out the board games. As soon as that happens all the children forget their concerns and begin playing. I take a deep breath, and a man approaches me. Almost immedialty I recognize him as Carter's father. Although his hair is gray and his eyes are blue, I know it is his father. Just by his face shape, and the way he walks toward me, I know it's him.

Deciding not to spit in his face like I want to, I smile sweetly at him, "Hello Mr. Cross."

I extend my hand for his to shake, and he shakes it briefly. "I'm sorry that I could not meet you before."

I wave my hand in the air in a dismissive style, "Oh it is alright. Not a big deal. I understand you are quite a busy man."

He just stares at me, his cold eyes scrutinizing me. I know what he wants me to do. I know he wants me to walk away from the pack, his son. I take a step closer to him, and drop my voice to a harsh whisper, "With all do respect Mr. Cross, I am Luna of this pack now wether you like it or not. I am in love with your son, and I love this pack and I would do anything for either of them. I am not going to let someone push me around. Do you understand?"

"Yes Luna." He spits angrily, and storms away.

I lean against the wall, feeling completely shocked. Did I really just stand up to Carter's father? The former Alpha? I squeeze my eyes shut, I'm such an idiot. I open my eyes again when I feel a presence in front of me.

Carter is standing in front of me, pissed off to the max. My jaw drops slightly, "What's wrong?"

He grabs my wrist tightly, and drags me through the house, heading towards the office. "Is this about what I said to your father?"

He gives me a quick glance his eyebrows scrunched in confusion, "What? No."

We get to his office, and he slams the door closed. "He declared war Cosette."

My eyes widen, "What?"

"That fucking idiot declared war!!!" He yells angrily.

I tug on my brown hair in frustration. Most of my anger might be coming from Carter but I don't care at the moment, "So my mother is in a pack that declared war with us?"

Carter just continues pacing, and shuffling through pages obviously trying to come up with some sort if strategy. "We need to start with shifts. We need 10 men out patrolling the border at a time."

Something dawns on me, and I disregard everything he just said, "How is Jake in this pack if my mother is in another?"

He quickly responds, "His mate is in this pack."

My jaw drops, "I thought you said she was dead?"

Carter drops the stacks of paper on his oak desk, "Listen Cosette we can talk about your brother's love life later. We need to focus on the task at hand!"

I sigh, and pinch the bridge of my nose, "Okay. So there are 500 eligible people to fight correct?"

Carter nods, and I continue, "So maybe you should split them up in a way that one groups job is just protection. And one groups is focusing on training for a battle. You don't want to over exhaust them."

Carter actually seems to agree with me, and he starts scribbling my idea down on a piece of paper. "Mike." He whispers.

"What?"

"Mike is going to be your guard when I am not around."

I shake my head, "No! When are you and I not going to be together?"

"During the battle." He says firmly.

I let a short laugh escape my lips, "You must be fucking stupid if you think I am going to just sit around while you guys fight over something that would have never started if I wasn't here."

Carter stands up from his seated position, and his green eyes stare me down, "Do you really want to argue about this right now?"

I cross my arms, "This shouldn't be an argument."

Carter starts stepping towards me, "You are not fighting."

He backs me up against the wall, trying to get me to submit, but I'm not going to, "No Carter. I am. I will fight."

Carter growls, and his palm slams against the wall right next to my head. I let out a squeeling of surprise and he growls, "I love you too much to put you in danger. The only important job I have is to protect you and my pack. As much as I hate to admit it I would put your life in front of the safety of the pack. Do you get why I can't let you fight?"

I shake my head, and he groans, and presses his forehead to mine, "Because if I saw that your life was in danger I would do anything to make sure they wouldn't kill you. Even give up my alpha role."

I gasp, "No. Carter!"

He lightly kisses my lips, "That is final."

I frown, and roll my eyes, "Maybe to you it's final."

He backs away chuckling, "Come on Cosette. We both know I'm the boss."

I stick my tongue out at him, and motion to the papers that are all over his desk, "Shall we?"

His face turns serious again, "Yes, we shall."

Authors note: sorry for the grammar errors I wrote this on my fan. Who knew Cosette had so much spunk!!!!

Anyways what do u guys want to see happen?!?

Thanks soooo much for ur support and I love u all!!!

Comment and vote and AAAGHH love u guys (:

"