Chapter Twenty

Ignoring the throbbing in my skull, I march down the stairs, and out the door. Georgia doesn’t even bother to try to stop me because she knows my powers are out of control at the moment. Carter better stop whatever the hell he is doing and listen to me. This is very important information that we may need to defeat Greg. I just don’t understand why my own mother would do that! Jake was lined up to be Alpha, and Georgia would have made a great Luna, a perfect one actually.

People glance curiously at me, probably wondering why their Luna looks like she had just escaped the mental asylum. “Cosette!” Someone yells from behind me.

Instead of stopping, I keep walking, quickening my pace. A hand grabs my arm, and roughly pulls me to a halt. Victor is glaring at me, “What are you doing out of the pack house?”

Angrily, I try to pull my arm out of his grasp, “I need to find Carter.”

“Carter is in the middle of some very important business and cannot be bothered by your stupid problems.”

I smile deviously at Victor, and I can feel pure rage bubbling up from inside of me, “Do you really want to start this Victor? Or have you forgotten that I am your Luna?”

Victor snorts, “Alpha’s orders trump yours. So I cannot allow to take another step away from the pack house. We are leaving.”

I close my eyes, and I feel a tingling feeling running through my hands. There is a loud bang not too far behind me. When I open my eyes, Victor’s eyes are wide with shock, and I hesitantly turn around, not too sure if I really want to see what just happened.

The bonfire that was occurring behind us exploded, and then the flames disappeared, leaving ashes and charred wood. Victor’s grip on my arm tightens slightly, “What was that?”

I smile shyly, “Long story…”

He snarls at me, “Please tell me you had nothing to do with this.”

I purse my lips, should I tell him? Carter will be pissed if I tell him I am a witch, but isn’t it safer if one more person knows? Maybe then he will let me see Carter. I could always tell him that he absolutely positively cannot tell Carter or else he will probably murder him, and then almost kill me. I get up on my tiptoes and whisper in his ear, “I’m a witch.”

When I pull away, he bursts into laughter, and clutches his sides probably trying to prevent himself from falling apart. Taking this opportunity, I quickly run away from him, making my way towards the pack office. Almost immediately after Victor is right behind me saying, “Wait were you serious?”

“NO, I was just saying that for kicks and giggles you dip pickle!” I snap sarcastically.