Chapter Twenty One

A couple years ago

Georgia’s POV

I run as fast as my paws will carry me, trying to get rid of the disturbing new piece of evidence I have just collected. Girls my age are being shipped off to camps to meet their mates. I mean, how screwed up is that? I honestly don’t see what is wrong with the system now, and I don’t understand why my parents are even agreeing to send me to that despicable place. How can any parent agree to that?

An amazing smell causes me stop immediately in my tracks, and my whole wolf starts jumping for joy. No, this can’t be happening. I am ten, I cannot find my mate! As much as it killed my wolf to do so, I turned around and high tailed my ass out of there.

---

6 years later

As I sit on my bed brushing my blond hair, my mind can’t help but to wander back to that day six years ago when I almost encountered my mate. As I look back on it now, I regret it greatly. For years I have gone back to that very spot, anxious to smell his marvelous scent again, but I never do.

My bedroom door slams open, and Carter is standing there scowling. I roll my eyes, set down my hairbrush, and yawn out of boredom. This is no doubt another one of his ridiculous temper tantrums. “What now?”

He scrunches his face in anger, and storms into my room, “What now? You want to know what now? I will fucking show you what now!”

I shrug my shoulders innocently, “I have no idea what you are talking about.” Even though I said that, we both know that I know exactly what he is talking about.

He smirks sarcastically, and motions grandly for my to follow him down the hallway. With a quick eye roll I follow him. I have already seen what I have done so I don’t see the need for him to show me again. With a bang he punches his bedroom door open, and a sly smile slips onto my face. “Now who would ever do something that cruel?”

Carter’s face is practically red with ager, due to the fact that I painted his entire room pink, and wrote Cartie Fartie on the wall. Which was a nice touch if I do say so myself. Since Carter seems too pissed off to answer me, I add, “I think it suits you quite well actually.”

I stifle a giggle when I see is just about ready to strangle me until I turn blue and die. I pat his shoulder lightly, “I’m sure it will grow on you.”

Before Carter can get his two cents in, I can hear our father yelling from down stairs, “LETS GO CHILDREN!”

Happily I skip down the stairs pleased with the reaction I got from Carter. My mother eyes the two of us suspiciously. I don’t blame her though, Carter is shaking with rage, while I am practically bouncing with joy. My mother sighs, “I would ask, but we really don’t have time for that.”