Chapter Thirty

It’s like my entire world has stopped. Even though the car is whizzing pass numerous landmarks, heading to who knows where, it feels like my life has come to a pause, and I never want it to resume. If I stay in this moment I will always be with Carter, even if all we are doing is sitting in silence.

But life will resume, and I will know exactly how my brother betrayed me, war will begin, and Carter and I will forever be on the run. The Luna side of me is screaming at me to turn around and go back to the pack. What’s the saying? United we fall? Well that is definitely out the window now.

I turn towards Carter and his eyes almost immediately connect with mine. Something about us is as awkward as ever, but that can probably be explained by the simple fact that we aren’t usually alone. I don’t really know anything about him, and he doesn’t really know anything about me. Sure I know about his family, and he knows about mine, but what do we truly know about each other. “What’s your favorite color?”

His eyebrows scrunch together as he takes a turn off of an exit, “What?”

I clear my throat, feeling a little stupid now, “What’s your favorite color?”

“Navy blue,” He gives me a hesitant glance before adding, “What about you?”

“Light blue.”

Its almost as if I can see the wheels inside Carter’s head turning and spinning, trying to process and file this new bit of information away. “So…you uh, um…”

I can’t help but crack up laughing at Carter’s hesitation and complete dorky-ness. He glares at me, and I smile even wider, “Aw don’t be like Carter.”

He just rolls his eyes, and I narrow my eyes a bit, “I guess someone is just a wee bit grumpy.”

He shakes his head, “I don’t understand you at all Cosette.”

“What do you mean?”

“One minute you are practically seizing over the thought of me giving up my role as alpha, and yet here we both are, abandoning our pack, and you seem to be as happy as ever.”

I lean back into my seat, allowing this to sink into my mind. “I can see where you are coming from, but when I said that couldn’t leave our pack that was a completely different situation.”

“How is it different at all? We are abandoning our pack.”

“But now it is under different circumstances. We were only in danger of being separated from each other then, but we were still together. Being away from you these past couple days made me realize that mates are more important than packs, as selfish as that sounds.”

Instead of saying anything Carter reaches over and holds my hand. I sigh, did I really expect Carter to open up to me? He’s all business. But I am going to change that.

Authors note: I had major writer’s block with this story. But anyways my 1D fanfic got deleted from wattpad but hopefully it will be up again with a new chapter tonight!!!! And sorry this is so short, all you fellow writers now how painful it is to even write one sentence when you have the horrible writers block disease.

Emmie