Chapter Twenty Six

I stare coldly at my reflection in the mirror and I can feel the bond between Carter and I slowly deteriorating. His mark on my neck is practically already gone and my stomach is beginning to feel sick once again. I don’t know what happened; I don’t know why Carter just gave up on me. Now I know that I am all alone, and that I need to move on, I need to look towards my future. My eyes begin to burn with tears as I begin to strip Carter from my future and it’s like part of me has died.

My bottom lip begins to tremble and a heart-wrenching sob rips through my chest and I collapse on the bathroom floor. I really fucked it up this time. How badly did I hurt Carter if he actually rejected me? God dammit I ruined everything, and not just for me, for everyone. For the first time in years I had finally seen my brother and I finally had friends and I went and threw that all away for a few moments of power.

“Cosette!” My mom calls from down stairs.

I squeeze my eyes shut as I try to mentally prepare myself for the trauma up ahead of me. With a deep shaky breath I start to make my way down the stairs and the first person I see is the last person I ever wanted to see again… Greg.

He has that ridiculous greasy smile on his face, and he grabs my hand in a loving way. It takes all my inner strength to not instantly recoil from his touch, instead I place an uneasy smile on my face and my mom appears to be glowing with joy.  I try to avoid looking in his brown eyes as he says, “Cosette you are absolutely beautiful.”

In the back of my mind I can feel the remaining bit of my wolf pulling angrily, telling me to run away from here, to go find Carter and to try to make amends. But I know it is too late to do that, he has probably already forgotten about me. He could already have another girl in his bed for all I know. The thought of someone else touching my mate makes me hot in anger and I can feel my fingers starting to tingle. I quickly smother my anger; I cannot have another magical incident, not right now, not when things seem to be going somewhat okay.

I feel myself being led into the dining room and my mother and Greg seem to be in a deep and exciting conversation. I find myself tuning into the conversation, “….yes red rose petals would be perfect for the aisle.” “And we can have the wedding out back, it will be spectacular!”

I cock my head to the side and find myself joining the conversation, “Who is getting married?”

They both turn to me with amusement clear on their faces, Greg chuckles, and grabs my hand, “We are babe.”

I feel all the color drain from my face as I realize that I am getting married, and my husband is not going to be my mate. Panic quickly seizes my throat and I find it extremely hard to breathe. My mom sends me a cool glare before quickly covering it up with a laugh, “Look at her, she is just about to faint from joy.”

Greg smirks, “I would be too, I am after all a much better wolf than that scumbag Carter.”

A hot anger consumes my body, and I find my vision becoming blurry. I hear my mother’s voice somewhere in the background, trying to pull me back to reality, but soon enough her voice just blends in and becomes white noise. How dare Greg say that about Carter? Greg isn’t even half the man Carter is. A ground shattering noise pulls me out of my anger and instantly puts me in a state of shock.

Every window in the dining room is completely shattered. The crisp fall air swirls into the room causing goose bumps to rise on my arms. My mother’s face is practically purple with anger and she turns to me screaming, “NOW LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE DONE! WE HAVE ONE WEEK TO FIX THIS! WE CAN’T HAVE ALL THE ALPHAS COMING TO YOUR WEDDING AND HAVE OUR HOUSE LOOKING LIKE SOME SORT OF HALF WAY HOUSE! JUST GO AWAY COSETTE, YOU ARE DEAD WEIGHT. JUST GO.”

I numbly walk back up the stairs. All the Alphas…all the Alphas.

Authors note: guys I am on the werewolf and teen fiction list.. PLEASE HELP ME GET HIGHER UP ON IT I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH YOU ARE THE BEST!!!
-much love (: