Chapter Twenty Three

I haven’t stopped crying since I left Carter. Nothing is registering in my mind correctly. Here I am, trapped in the back of a parked car, and yet the only thing I can think about is Carter, and the immense pain in my heart. For once I can really feel my wolf. She is howling loud and clear in all the corner’s of my mind. I wish I had never left him; I need him to come find me. However I have no idea where he is, and if he even cares enough to come find me.

Unknown POV:

Finally, my plan is coming together. They haven’t mated yet, and I have Cosette in my possession. However, before I have my way with Cosette, I need to take care of her mate, once and for all.

Carter’s POV

Why the fuck did I just let her walk out that door? God dammit why do I keep screwing this up? Why can’t I be what she needs? Embarrassingly loud sobs fill my office, and I know everyone can hear them, but I don’t give a fuck. My mate just fucking left me because apparently I don’t love her. Angrily, I swipe all the papers off my desk.

This fucking pack is getting the way of doing the most important job in my life, loving my mate. Georgia bursts into my office, and her eyes are brimming with tears, “Carter, you let her leave!”

“YOU THINK I DON’T KNOW THAT?” I yell.

Georgia collapses on the ground, “GO AFTER HER! YOU CANNOT FUCK UP LIKE I DID! YOU CANNOT DO IT!”

My wolf starts growling, something is wrong. Georgia continues to scream at me, but I focus all my attention towards my wolf. There are loud steps coming up the stairs, and I immediately stand in front of Georgia. Vincent appears in my doorway, and I instantly relax, but my wolf is still going crazy, and is threatening to emerge.

Vincent pants, “Luna…. she is….”

A voice breaks through my mental barrier, “Find me.”

My vision turns red, and my heart starts going a mile a minute. FUCK!

I barrel down the stairs, knocking Vincent right off his feet. Most of the pack is lounging around the living room, and I bark, “GET OFF YOUR FAT ASSES AND FIND YOUR LUNA!”

They all jump up in shock, and fear, but they quickly run out the door, shifting into their wolves. However, one person remains in the room, and I growl. “Shouldn’t you be out looking dad?”

My dad rises from his seat in the chair, and says calmly, “I know where she is.”

Relief floods through me, and anxiousness takes over, I need her back here in my territory, safe. “Well, where is she?” I question, irritation in my voice.

“I’m sorry son, but I can’t tell you. I have greater plans for her, that don’t involve you.”

My fists clench, and my heart immediately sinks. This whole time, my own father has been the enemy. “Why?” I growl.

“Listen son, Greg and Cosette were meant to be, they will create a great new breed together.”

Complete and utter rage takes over my body, and in this moment, I know my wolf is in full control. My father’s eyes widen slightly in fear, and my wolf is pleased. He should be scared, no one touches my mate, and I will show no mercy.

My father gets in a fighting stance, and simultaneously we both make the change into a wolf. He lunges at me first, but I quickly dodge out of the way, but he gets a mouthful of my black fur. My wolf snarls, and I take a lunge at him. He tries to dodge, but I get a hold of his leg. His body gives out, and I start dragging the wolf through the living room. With a loud crunch, I snap his hind leg in half. He yelps in pain, and he starts mind linking me, “You wouldn’t kill your own father would you?”

“Watch me.”

I sink my teeth into his neck, and I watch as the life slowly seeps out of his eyes. His body goes limp, and the metallic taste of blood fills my mouth. My wolf howls in pain, we just killed a member of our own pack. But he was a traitor, he had to be terminated. My own flesh and blood wanted me to fail.

I quickly shift back into human form, and grab my jeans off the floor. I avoid looking at the body on the floor; I don’t want to see what I have done. Mike is frozen in the doorway, and I snarl at him, “What?”

“Vincent found Cosette.” He chokes out.

I rush past him, and my mind is racing with a ton of possibilities about what happened to Cosette. As soon as I step outside I smell her amazing scent, and relief floods over me. My love is home. Vincent is holding her in his arms, and my wolf growls. I don’t want anyone else touching her, or even looking at her. I can’t risk it. Angrily, I snatch her out of his arms, and he opens his mouth to speak, but I quickly cut him off, “We will talk about this later.”

I turn my attention to Cosette, and she is sobbing into my shirt, “I am so sorry I left, I love you so much please, don’t reject me.”

“Cosette, I could never reject you. You fucking broke my heart when you left and I can’t imagine my life without you. I would do anything to keep you here and safe in my arms.” Tears spill down my face as I say this because I know it’s absolutely true. I need to give up my role as Alpha, to keep Cosette safe and in my arms.

Authors note: OMG HIS DAD??? You guys were all wrong x) anyways… do you think Carter will really give up his alpha role?????