Chapter Thirty Two

Back in the car, and still no idea where we are going. “Please Carter, can you just tell me where we are going?”

“Please Cosette, can you stop asking the same question?” He groans.

“I will when you answer my question!” I respond tiredly.

He sighs, “A friends, we are going to a friends.”

“Well where exactly does this friend live? Because it feels like we are halfway across the world by now.” I complain.

“We are just in Canada, don’t over react.”

“How did we cross the border? I don’t even have a passport Carter!” I practically shriek.

He chuckles, “Werewolves have special access.”

I grip his arm, “But aren’t we rogues now? And technically I’m not even a werewolf!”

He shakes his arm, loosening my grasp on him and he says calmly, “Luke is expecting us.”

“How much-“

Carter interjects, “If you finish that sentence with longer I am going to flip.”

I huff and cross my arms, he can’t really expect me to be happy about being kept in the dark about this can he? “Ten minutes.” He growls.

I immediately perk up, and smile at him, “Thank you very much!”

“There is something we need to talk about though.” Carter grumbles.

My eyes furrow, I can tell he is pretty reluctant about telling me about this, “When I drop you off I am going back to the pack, to fight.”

I crack up laughing, but when Carter shows no sign of joking I frown at him, “What do you mean?”

When he doesn’t answer, I become aggravated, “What do you mean?”

He sighs, “Last night I promised you that I would keep you safe. I would keep you safe no matter what. I realized that the only way I can do that is if I kill the people that are after you. And then you can be safe.”

“Well I won’t be safe going with you to fight.” I argue.

Carter seems to be struggling with controlling his anger, and he clutches the steering wheel even tighter, “Do you even listen to me? I said I would be dropping you off.”

I scowl at him, “Do you know me at all Carter? Do you actually think I will let you leave me here? I can help! Sure my powers are still a little shaky but I think they will help!”

Carter pulls into a driveway of what seems like a mansion, “We will discuss this tonight.”

I grit my teeth in anger. Why does he always get to call the shots and have the last word? I can handle making some decisions for myself. I get out of the car, and slam the door angrily behind me. I feel Carter’s arms wrap around my waist, and his chin is resting on the top of my head. Electricity is coursing through my body and I realize how much I am going to miss him. Tears start pricking at my eyes, and my nose gets tingly. Right now I can see myself staying here, alone. But I don’t want to stay here, I want to follow Carter. Carter turns me around, and his green eyes search mine, “Babe, what’s wrong?”

I burry my face into his chest, “I’m going to miss you.”

A few tears slide down my cheeks, and he starts kissing the top of my head, “I will stay tonight love.”

I squeeze him tightly, and whisper, “Then we better make the most of it.”

Authors note: hopefully I will get another update in before Christmas! Oh and btw this book is almost over…im thinking there will be a sequel

Please comment

Love you!