Chapter Sixteen

I wake up feeling empty inside. My body is stinging from the various cuts but I could care less. All I care about is Carter and Georgia coming home safe. Slowly I get out of bed, and look at the clock. I slept all day, and through the night, and Carter is still not back. A dull stabbing pain starts echoing through my hallow heart as I slip on one of Carter's shirts. 

Quietly I go down the stairs, and of course the boys are sitting there wide awake. They don't say a word when I walk into the kitchen. "Thank you for cleaning up." I whisper.

"Hillary cleaned up before she left." Mike resonds.

"Where did she go?"

"She is going to meet Alpha Carter and the rest of the pack at the edge of the woods for emergency medical reasons." Victor responds coolly.

As quick as lightning, I sprint to the living room and plaster my face to the window. Sure enough I see Hillary pacing the woods with a team of people with her, waiting for Carter. My heart is pounding hard in my chest, and my blood is rushing in my ears. Carter can't be hurt right? I'm sure I would feel it, it has to be Georgia that is hurt. But if she was dead they wouldn't need a team of medical people right?

I hear a snap of a twig in the woods, and  before anyone can stop me, I rip open the window, and sprint outside. Hillary swivels around, and her eyes widen in shock when she sees the cuts all over my body. I keep running closer to the edge, and that's when I see figures approaching, and my heart soars. They are okay. But when Carter steps into view I collapse into the damp grass.

In his strong arms is a limp Georgia. Blood is running down her arms and her head. Desperately, I search Carter's face for any kind of emotion, but it is void of emotions. A pained shriek rips out of my throat, and Carter's gaze falls on me. Tears fall down my face hard and fast, and I can't control the pain that is taking over my body. 

Almost immediatly Carter's arms are around me, and he is cooing softly in my ear. I can't do anything but sob into his chest, and he whispers to me, "Hillary will take care of her, Georgia will be fine." I can hear the pain in Carter's voice, and that just breaks my heart even more. He is doing a much better job than I am at staying strong. But I can't be strong when I feel so completely broken.

Carter runs his hands down my arms and legs, and growls, "What happened?"

Without letting me explain, he runs into the house, and I scramble quickly after him. By the time I get inside Carter has gone over the deep end. He has Victor, Mike, and Nate cornered, and he is trying hard to keep his wolf at bay, "You guys had one job. ONE FUCKING JOB! How can you bumbling idiots not take care of your Luna? Does she mean nothing to you? I come home to her covered in cuts! I WILL KILL YOU!"

I stand in front of Carter, blocking his access to the guards, "Carter I did this to myself."

His face falls, and grief takes over his angry face. His hands cover his face, and I can feel his breath coming out shakily. With a slight motion, I signal for the boys to leave us alone. Carter looks at me, tears welled in his eyes, "Why?"

I take his hand in mine, "I went insane with grief I guess. You can't just do that to me."

Anger returns on his face, "Do what? Protect you?"

I jerk my hand from his and scowl, "Leave me here not knowing what the hell is going on! You weren't sending me any messages that you were okay, and when I found out about Georgia I thought I was going to die!"

"I WOULD DIE IF YOU DIED COSETTE! You mean the world to me and I would do anything to keep you safe."

The next sentence I utter comes out as barely a whisper, "And what if I die in the process?"

What happens next really shocks me. Carter walks away. I watch his figure walk out the front door, and he is probably going to go check on Georgia. I feel a hand on my shoulder, and I spin around to see Mike. My lip begins to wobble, and Mike whispers, "I know."

I force my tears down, and decide it's time I man up. I am Luna, and I should be out there taking charge, being by Carter's side. I quickly pull on a pair of jeans, and march outside. Feeling determined, I march into the hospital. The first person I see is Jake, and he is sobbing. Carefully I walk up to him, and pull him into a hug. He doesn't hesitate to hug me back, "Everything is going to be fine." I say to him calmly. 

He pulls away, and grumbles, "And how could you possibly know that?"

"Because that is what Carter told me." I say with a shrug.

Jake chuckles, and messes up my brown hair even more than it already was. I kiss his cheek, and hesitate in front of the doorway of Georgia's room. "You can go in. Afterall, only the Alpha and Luna can go in at this point."

I smile at Jake sadly, and walk into Georgia's room. It is absolutely silent, besides the beeps of the heart monitor. Carter is sitting rigidly in the chair, and I go and sit in his lap. He nuzzles his head into my neck inhaling my scent, and I whisper, "I'm sorry."

He kisses my cheek, "I need you here Cosette, don't leave me."

I turn slightly so I can look into his sad green eyes, "I would never leave you."

He smiles slightly, but then returns his attention to Georgia. I bet this is killing him more than it is killing me. She was his sister afterall. Which is why I have to stay strong, I can't break like I did in the kitchen. Carter needs me to be strong for him. So on the outside I will be, no matter how much it kills me on the inside.

authors note: OKAY GUY SO I AM LIKE 300 SOMETHING ON THE WEREWOLF LIST AND 600 SOMETHING ON THE TEEN FICTION LIST AND I WANT TO DIE. I AM SO HAPPY YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!!

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER!

VOTE

COMMENT

KEEP BEING AWESOME

LOVE YOU

---EM