Chapter Seventeen

For the past few days I have been waking up to an empty bed. The sheets next to me are cold under my touch, and feel barely slept in. Lately Carter has been going to bed at two and waking up at four. He is just so busy with pack stuff that he barely has time to do anything else. I personally haven't seen him in three days. One, because when he does come home I am always asleep and two, I am scared of him. 

The whole house can hear him groaning in frustration from his office, about once every hour you can hear something being thrown across the room with so much force I am surprised the whole house doesn't crumble. All the while I sit downstairs across from Mike, feeling completely useless. Georgia has made it very clear that she just wants to be alone, for what purpose I have no idea, and my other two guards have been busy training other wolves which I have been banned from. Plus, I have no idea where my own brother is, and being forbidden to leave the house doesn't help much. 

Mike is currently sitting and reading a book, a huge sigh escapes my lips and Mike doesn't even flinch. This time I sigh louder, still no reaction. Frustration starts to get the best of me when I realize he is not taking my subtle hints for attention, I pick up a pillow and chuck it at his face. His book clatters to the floor, and for once he appears to be angry with me, "What?"

I shrug, "I'm bored."

He angrily snatches his book off the floor, "Well then princess, go do something."

My eyebrows furrow, and I stick my tongue out at him. Why is he being such a dipthong?