Chapter Twenty Four

Cosette's POV

As carefully as possible I crawl out of Carter's warm arms. Carter has been following me around everywhere, and when I say everywhere, I mean everywhere. Yesterday I tried to go to the bathroom, and lets just say I didn't get any privacy. I know he has trust issues with his pack now, and he really doesn't want to leave me alone with anyone, but I am pretty sure nothing is going to happy while I am going to the bathroom. He keeps asking me all these questions but I really don't know what happened. I just remember being put in a car, and I don't remember what happened after that until I ended up back in Carter's arms.

My foot hits the cold floor, and Carter rolls over in bed and lets out a loud snore. I soft giggle escapes my lips, and as quickly and quietly as possible I escape our bedroom. When enter the hallway I can hear soft chattering in the kitchen downstairs, and when the stair creaks underneath my weight and the talking immediatly stops. They probably think I am Carter, or maybe they are leaving because they don't want to even look at me or else Carter will get angry.

I feel slightly when I see people in the kitchen, but my curiosity immediatly spikes when I see WHO is in the kitchen. Vincent, Nate, Mike, Jake, and Georgia. My eyes flick between Jake and Georgia. Georgia has her head down, and her blond hair is forming a curtain between her and Jake, but Jake's eyes are still glued on her, and Georgia is squirming under his gaze. For a second his eyes flick towards me, and they widen in surprise. Everyone else seems shocked too, and a give them a half wave, "Goodmorning."

Mike clears his throat, "We will leave now."

"No! Please stay." I rush out.

Vincent sighs, "No, we should leave."

Georgia lifts her head, and snaps, "She deserves to know. Carter can't hide it from her for forever."

My heat begins to beat a little faster, and Georgia's green eyes appear absolutely furious, "Go on Georgia.." I whisper.

As she opens her mouth, Carter's voice booms from the doorway of the kitchen, "DON'T YOU DARE!"

Georgia stands up quickly, causing the stool that she was sitting on to topple over, "She has every right to know Carter, she is Luna of this pack, you cannot be making all the important decisions around here."

Carter's nostrils are flared in anger, "I do make all the decisions when it is in her best interest. So shut up Georgia, you think you know everything but you don't. You cannot keep screwing everything up, for once please just keep your god damn mouth shut."

Georgia's mouth immediatly closes, and she is taking in deep angry breaths. Jake speaks from behind Georgia, and he says quietly, "Don't talk to her like that."

I swear when I saw Carter's eyes turn black my heart stopped. Fuck Jake, keep your mouth shut. Carter growls lowly, "What did you just say?"

Jake stays silent, but his angry blue eyes remain on my mates. Anger starts building up inside of me at an alarming rate. A feeling of being disrespected, a feeling of being challenged, and I immediatly know these are Carter's feelings. I speak up, "Jake stop."

It's like my words just absorbed into the air because absolutely no one reacts. I turn my attention to Carter, "What was Georgia talking about?"

"Not now." He growls.

A huff of air escapes my lips and moves a strand of brown hair out of my face, "Yes now Carter, now!"

When I see that he is not going to give me the time of day, I decide that I am going to use my Luna status for one of the first times ever. I step infront of Jake, "Get out Jake. Get out now." My words come out strong, and powerful, and I see his eyes flash with submission. He still doesn't move, but I can see his internal struggle. "I SAID GET OUT, ALL OF YOU!"

Surprisingly Mike, Nate, and Vincent are out in a flash. Jake slowly trudges out the door, but he keeps checking behind him to see if Georgia is following him. Georgia is sending me glares, and she whispers, "You are turning into him Cosette. You are disgusting."

Tears immediatly burn my eyes, and Carter lets out a horrifically loud growl, and Georgia is out of the house before Carter can react any further.

I turn to Carter, and his hands are gripping the counter top and his head is bowed down. His arms are flexed in anger and if I listen carefully I can hear him growling lowly to himself, probably trying to control his anger.

"Carter, what was Georgia talking about?"

Slowly he raises his head and instead of gleaming green angry eyes staring at me, his eyes look helpless, and broken, "I'm giving up my role as Alpha."