Chapter Fifteen

I want to tear my hair out. Carter has been out all night, and I just know something is wrong. However Mike, Nate, and Victor aren't expressing any emotions as I pace back and forth in the living room literally tearing my hair out. My eyes are burning from tears, but none of that matters. I need to know if Carter is okay. My throat swells as I think about him dying, and I turn around and glare at the boys, "How can you guys sit there and be so calm?"

Mike replies, "We are listening for danger."

My voice comes out raspy and broken, "Forget about me! Go find Carter!"

Victor scoffs, and I glare at him. I really don't like him at all. He is sitting in the blue chair like he owns the world. His brown hair is extremely short, and his blue eyes are dull, "Alpha Carter will be just fine."

When I don't reply he just chuckles, "I see why we were ordered to watch you. You are so weak."

Something inside me snaps, and I storm up to Victor and grab him by the collar of the shirt. My vision literally turns red, and I sneer, "Shut up Victor. This is my mate, I am worried about MY MATE! So, if you don't want me to rip your balls off I suggest you SHUT UP!"

I slowly let go of his shirt, which is now wrinkled from being in my grasp. Keeping my eyes trained on his I sit down on the couch, breathing heavily. Nate bursts into laughter, his blond shaggy hair bouncing as he laughs. Mike shoves him, and then everything falls silent again. I close my eyes, God I just want Georgia. Where is she? "Um Mike?"

His head tilts slightly, "Yes?"

"Where is Georgia?"

Mike's face falls, and turns a sickly pale. He clears his throat nervously, and that's when I feel my whole world come crashing down. "NO!" I scream and start running towards the door.

I have to save her! Oh my God this isn't happening. Before I can even touch the door Mike sweeps me up into his strong arms and I start screaming. The only thing I can do is punch and kick him as hard as I can, trying to make him feel the pain I am feeling. I don't understand how they can sit there so stone faced. Are they heartless? Do they honestly not care?

Mike tries to place me on the couch but I remain plastered onto him. So he sits down with me, and I cry into his chest. Georgia. Sobs pour out of my body, and it is the only noise you can hear in the house.

Mike starts running his hands up and down my back, probably just trying to get me to shut up. When the tears stop, anger sinks in. Quickly, I get off his lap, and make my way to the lamp on the side table. I wrap my fingers around it, an chuck is across the room as hard as I can. It hits the wall in the kitchen and shatters into hundreds of pieces.

Feeling empowered I storm into the kitchen, the boys following closely behind. Forcefully, I slam open the cabinets, and start grabbing random things. Plates, bowls, cups, wineglasses, anything, and chuck it. I'm completely unaware of the guys looking at me like I have gone inside. And if I had payed attention I would have easily been able to feel their emotions: concern and extreme sadness.

When the cabinets are empty, I collapse on the floor, landing in broken glass. I don't even feel my entire body being pierced by the broken shards, all I can feel is my extreme pain. Life without Carter or Georgia is useless. Absolutely fucking useless. More tears fall down my face, and I bang the back of my head against the wood cabinet.

Mike carefully approaches me, and scoops me up, "How about you get some sleep? I am sure they will be back by the time you wake up."

When we walk past Nate and Victor, they both kiss me on the cheek. Victor whispers in my ear, "Everything is going to be fine Luna."

Mike quietly carries me up the stairs, and into my bed. Before he leaves, I grab his hand, "I am so sorry Mike."

He brushes a lock of hair out of my face, "We all care about you Cosette. Hillary will be in shortly to take care of your cuts."

I shake my head, "Not tonight. When I wake up, okay?"

He hesitates at first, but then he nods his head. He slowly walks out of the room, and he whispers, "Goodnight."

I curl into the sheets, Carter's scent enveloping me, and comforting me for the time being.

Authors note: sorry that it is short I just wanted to get something out!!!

Vote

Comment

Love youuuu

---Em