●Chapter 18●

"A bond between souls is ancient - older than the planet."
-Dianna Hardy, The Witching Pen

"I'm really hoping that you're not going to turn out to be some creep who ties me to his bed and locks me up in his room." I told my boyfriend whom I'd been dating since the past two years.

The moment I stepped into his house he had blind folded me. He'd planned a surprise for me and this was all part of his plan.

He chuckled and said, "Now that you say that, I think I might do that next time." I swear I could almost feel him smirking with how weird that made me feel.

I could smell the fragrance of fresh flowers. Roses. Definitely roses, they were my favourite. And I bet there are some vanilla scented candles. I'm so excited!

"Okay we're here, I'm going to remove the blindfold but don't you open your eyes until I say so young lady."

"Okay Sir." I joked. And he just slapped my butt in response.

He was standing behind me, really close. I could feel the warmth of his body against mine.

Slowly untying the blindfold he whispered in my ears, "You're going to remember this for the rest of your life so I wanted this to be special."

He kissed my neck and then my ear and slowly took the blindfold off.

"Look at the spaces between your fingers, they fit perfectly with mine." He said holding my hand and walking me towards something. I blushed.

"Julian can I open my eyes now?"

"On the count of 3." He said and came back again. He slid his arms around my waist and rested his head on my right shoulder.

"One. Two. Three." He said with a sweet kiss on my neck.

I opened my eyes to the most beautiful setting in front of me. If I could've spoken, I would've told him how much I loved him.

We were currently standing at his backyard where there was a tent put up and under it was a small table with boxes of pizzas and a bottle of red wine. The whole place was lit up with golden fairy lights. The floor underneath the tent and even outside was covered with rose petals. Red rose petals everywhere. There were some candels lit inside the tent and many outside. This was so beautiful. I couldn't believe my eyes. It started becoming blurry, I started crying. This was too much.

"Heyyy, why are you crying?" Julian asked hugging me and patting my head softly. Brushing his fingers along my scalp calming me down.

"Nobody has ever loved me so much. I don't know what to say." I said between sobs.

"You don't have to say anything. Come, let me show you how much you deserve to be loved." He said kissing my forehead and taking my hand walking towards the tent.

I followed him quietly.

"By the way, I made the pizza myself. So please don't breakup with me if you choke on it." He joked. He was trying to lighten my mood. But wait, he made the pizza himself?

"Seriously?" I inquired.

"Yes. Now come sit." Sweet.

We entered the tent and sat down besides each other.

He poured us some wine and handed me the glass.

I took a sip of it, still quite overwhelmed by the current scenario.