Ch. 10 - You Jerk

Logan

So many things ran through my mind. Problem number one, I have a mate. Problem two, my mate hates me for who I am.
And problem number three, she doesn't feel anything for me.

I was currently sitting in my office in the dark with only the sunlight streaming from the slightly parted blinds. After our kiss, I drugged my mate, I left her in my room with the door locked.

I wanted it so bad, but now I felt guilty that my chest felt like it was going to explode. I sat on my rocking chair and stared blankly into the darkness of the room.

It always seemed to help me relax for some odd reason, I always liked the dark. But this time the darkness wasn't helping me and I knew why.

That girl, my mate was the only one who could make me feel calm, feel relaxed...feel loved. I shook my head, how could she love me...no one can love me.

'Why do you feel so guilty, Logan? She is our mate!'

I just felt so f*cking guilty for chaining her here but I had reasons for keeping her here. I pictured her in a deep sleep on my bed.

She was so beautiful, I know she will make a wonderful Luna and mate but was it possible that I was asking too much from her?

Heck I didn't even know her name and already I'm expecting her to accept me, stand by me and don't ever leave my side.

Blade growled inside of me, 'Don't you dare keep her here only for the power.'

He was right, my whole life I wanted a mate but only to make me strong but now she has me second guessing myself. But she didn't feel anything by my kiss, so how could she possibly be my mate?

I ran a hand down my face and leaned back into the chair. Suddenly, I felt a wave of sadness wash over me. What the hell?

'Mate...mate bond. She's awake...and she's crying.' Blade whimpered.

I sighed as I felt her emotional pain. I wanted so badly to comfort her.

'Please Logan. Can we go to her?' He begged.

I shook my head, 'Why? So she could run away again and call me a monster.'

'But...' he began but I blocked him out.

The last thing I need is for my wolf to make me feel foolish and lecture me. Her despair kept coming in waves over me. I needed something to distract me.

A small knock sounded on my door.

"You may enter." I roared annoyed someone would come and interrupt my thinking.

My annoying girlfriend, Jessyca came in, dressed in a dangerously short skirt and low top. I mentally groaned from just her being in my presence.

We weren't dating, just, I guess slept together a lot. Yesterday, I found her attractive but now all I can think of is my current mate's beautiful face and body.

"What do you want?" I angrily growled not wanting to be disturbed. Her eyes skimmed over me with an unmistakable seducing look.

She disgusted me, yet a distraction that I needed. She slowly walked to me shaking her hips side to side until she reached the side of my desk.

"Hello Alpha." She smirked leaning down turning my chair to face her.

"What Jessyca?" I rolled my eyes leaning back into my chair.

She frowned, "You said that you would meet me back here. Babe, I was lonely for the whole night."

Jessyca began stroking her hand on my knee and I quickly yanked it away from her.