Ch. 63 - Our Story

Roselyn

I found myself standing in the sky. There weren't any clouds, no sun or moon just a vast bright blue sky. I looked down at my body but my wounds were gone. I was still in my gown but it was a clean one. Where was I?

Suddenly, a couple feet ahead of me, a bright golden light shined in a a shape of a door. I squinted my eyes and as the light started to fade as a figure walked to me. I took a wary step back as the figure got closer and closer. The golden light finally went away and there stood a woman.

The woman had long blonde hair, with bright green eyes, almost like mine but slightly different. She wore an elegant white dress and on her back was a familiar necklace I had seen before.

"Mom?" I gasped.

She smiled her eyes lighting up. "Hi Rose."

Tears formed in my eyes and I stood paralyzed with happiness and shock. She reached her hand out to me, I shakily reached out and I felt her hand as if she were alive. That was enough for me, I immediately hugged my mom.

"I can't believe it's really you." I cried clinging tightly to her. She held me tightly in her arms too, sniffling.

"I've missed you so much darling. I've always been watching over you, I was always with you." She whispered pulling to look at me.

"How are you here? Where am I?" I asked looking around.

My mom did a small laugh. "Let's just say, the moon goddess has granted me a chance to speak with you. Your subconscious is here but your body is not."

I furrowed my eyebrows together. "Am I dead?"

My mom slightly hesitated touching my cheek. "Your body is in a coma, but the choice is up to you."

"I don't understand. Did we defeat Dexter? Did we win the war? Wait, where's Logan? Where's dad? Where's Iris? Are they okay?" I rambled on my body starting to panic.

What if everyone was dead? I couldn't handle it. I didn't want anyone else I loved to be taken from me. My mom softly took my hands in hers regaining my focus and attention to her.

"Shh sweetie. You will have your answers but we need to discuss something first. Whether you choose to return to your body." She said. I had to choose if I wanted to live and stay on earth?

"What happens if I stay?" I asked conflicted. "What happens if I go back?

"If you choose to stay, you'll be where I am, where all werewolves go when they die." She explained. "If you go back, well, you'll have to decide if you want to be queen. You are still the princess, even if you may have revoked your claim." She smirked at the last part.

I wanted both, I wanted to return and take my mom with me, and we could all be a family again. But I knew it wasn't possible. My kingdom needed me, I left my people once and they suffered greatly because of it. I couldn't do that again.

I frowned looking at my mom. "I love you so much mom, if I could stay here with you I would. but... I think my kingdom needs me more. I need to fix everything that's happened, and be their rightful queen."

My mom smiled and nodded. "Then you know your answer honey. You're all grown up now and I couldn't be prouder of you and know you'll make a great queen."

The same bright golden light shined behind my mom and walking through the light was my dad.

"Dad!" I exclaimed.