Ch. 55 - War

Logan

Today's the day. The day where Dexter would try to attack and steal my mate. But he is not getting her. I will crawl through hell every night to give him a slow, painful and merciless death.

I will peel the skin off his bones, pull his insides through his throat, feed his own eyes to him, and serve his heart to the devil himself.

There were so many ways I could kill him, so many, but I couldn't decide which one to kill him by. Each type of kill thrilled me. His screams of agony begging me to end his pathetic life was a melody in my ears.

Rose stirred in her sleep hugging closer to me and I broke out of my sadistic trance. The sparks and the touch from her eased my unstable mind and I forgot what I was thinking about.

She didn't know it, but just the mere thought of her washed my anger away. She was like an cure to a disease.

She was my cure. I was a plague that infected everyone, even her but she always healed me in the most unexpected ways. I knew from the moment I saw her that she would be the death of me. The death of a cold blooded inhuman alpha cursed to live chasing his revenge.

But I couldn't let that part of me go. My dark side was apart of me and anyone who had a problem with it would die at my hands.

But Rose, she actually tried to understand me. I didn't give her anything to work with but she somehow go through to me in the cracks.

The least I could do for her was protect her from any danger that wasn't me. I quietly crawled out of the bed, careful not to wake her. I pulled my jeans on then my shoes but my shirt was missing.

"Looking for this?" Rose yawned holding my shirt up.

I nodded reaching to take the shirt. "I didn't want to wake you."

"It's okay." She said sitting up pulling the blankets to cover her.

I pulled my shirt on and studied my mate. What I wanted to do was throw her over my shoulder and disappear. Take my pack with us and leave the country.

But I knew what she would say. We couldn't leave the kingdom in danger and her uncle would scour the world killing everyone.

"Are you leaving now?" Rose asked sadly.

"Yes." I wiped a tear from her cheek as she clutched the blanket tight. "Don't cry Rose."

"I-I just...I love you." She said looking into my eyes.

She loved me. She really loved me. I always believed I was incapable of receiving anyone's love. But she loved me anyways. It was a dream come true.

"I love you too."

I kissed her passionately holding her close to me as she held my neck. I regretfully pulled away and walked out of the bunker closing the door and locking it. Only King Charles and I had key to the secret bunker.

I walked up the staircase and out the secret door closing it and locking it behind me. It was quiet in the castle, even though it was almost noon it was quiet. I met up with my leaders of my pack in the throne room that was turned into an armory.

"James, Brazil and Magnus." I said to them and they walked over to me. "Status report?"

"The Imperials are finishing up the last bit of the weapons." Brazil said.

"The Combats are doing perimeter checks with the royal pack." Magnus said.

"The Skilled warriors are with the king. He's positioning them around the castle." James said.