Ch. 43 - Logan is back

Roselyn

I opened my eyes.

In front of me curled in a fetal position was Logan's naked body. He didn't shift into his wolf, there was no howl to confirm it but his eyes needed to confirm it.

If the eyes of my mate were red, then Logan was dead and Blade was officially gone and a rogue.

His body twitched slightly as he groaned rolling onto his stomach.

The pistol in my hand wasn't shaking anymore but ready to shoot if needed be. Rae was in position to take over if Blade was a rogue and attacked.

I wiped my tears away and took a deep breath as I waited for him to show me his eyes.

He winced and groaned in pain but slowly stood up holding his head his eyes closed.

I had one finger on the trigger ready for the sign.

Logan looked up at me and opened his eyes.

Brown. His eyes were brown.

Those chocolate brown eyes looked into mine.

"Roselyn?" Logan gasped.

Blade did it.

He pushed Logan through the shifting and prevented them both from turning into a rogue.

"Woah wait." Logan said noticing the pistol and holding his hands up.

I was aiming it at his heart.

Logan took a few steps back. "Rose it's me. Logan. Please don't shoot."

I looked at my former mate still holding the pistol but my finger was no longer on the trigger.

The pistol was only here for my protection in case Logan attacked me because I rejected him.

But the only reason I rejected him was because that's how I was going to call him forward. He hated the idea of me rejecting him so I had to do it.

In order for me to get a rise out of him and help Blade push him through, I had to use his worst fear against him.

"Please put the gun down. I'm back Rose, please." He begged getting on his knees.

Breaking out of my trance from shock and fear I slowly lowered the gun to my side but held onto it.

"Logan." I breathed out.

He dropped his hands but stayed on his knees his chains were still on him laying on the floor.

"It worked. Blade did it." He reassured me.

I stared at him. "And now he's gone. Because of you."

"I—I know—"

"Because you couldn't control your anger he had to take over and now I don't know when he'll come back. This happened because of you." I glared at him.

He clapped his hands together in a prayer form. "I take full responsibility for everything that I have caused. Every horrible thing I have done to you, I know it's my fault. I'm so sorry."

But I couldn't trust him. Now that I was looking at Logan again, all the memories we had came rushing back into my mind.

Every scream, every punch, every word replayed in my head. All the times he hurt me mentally, physically and emotionally was not going to be erased by one apology.

"I don't trust you." I said blatantly.

He stammered standing to his feet. "I—I know. And I understa—"