Chapter 5

Demi's POV

I made my way downstairs and into the little studio. I sat down at the piano and prepared to play. The real version will be more pop, but at the moment it’s a slow song. I played the tune a few times before beginning to sing.

“Never put my love out on the line
Never said yes to the right guy
Never had trouble getting what I want
But when it comes to you, I’m never good enough

But you make me wanna act like a girl
Paint my nails and wear high heels
Yeah you, make me so nervous
That I just can’t hold your hand…”

Nicole's POV

Is that Demi singing? I think it is. I pulled myself out of bed and jumped under the shower quickly. I then put on the same clothes from yesterday and headed down to see what was going on.

I walked into the music room to see Demi with her eyes closed singing and her fingers dancing across the piano keys.

“Never break a sweat for the other guys
When you come around, I get paralyzed
And every time I try to be myself
It comes out wrong like a cry for help
It’s just not fair
Pain’s more trouble than love is worth
I gasp for air
It feels so good, but you know it hurts

But you make me wanna act like a girl
Paint my nails and wear perfume
For you, make me so nervous
That I just can’t hold your hand

You make me glow, but I cover up
Won’t let it show, so I’m
Puttin’ my defences up
Cause I don’t wanna fall in love
If I ever did that
I think I’d have a heart attack” she finished singing.

"Oh, hey. Have you been there long?" Demi said once she had reopened her eyes and noticed I was there.

"Morning, not really." I responded

"What do you think? Is it any good?" she asked shyly.

"I think that if you edited it a little you could release it."

"Seriously?" she asked shocked.

"Seriously. I feel like you should find a new label if you've got more songs like this." Demi didn't respond for a while. She just sat there playing random tunes I'd never heard before.

"Can you play me another one of your songs?" she eventually said.

"Maybe later. I need to work on some of them a bit more before I'm gonna let you listen to them." I mean she's released an album and had a tv show named after her. How can I compete with that?

"Aw, come on. Please?" she was begging. Giving it the old puppy eyes. God she's so cute when she does that.

"No Dem." I said laughing at her. Bang.

"What was that?!" Demi asked with wide eyes. The bang came from upstairs and the only person up there is Josh.

"Oh fuck." I said running out if the room and up the stairs. Ignoring the pain from my ankle, I ran to his room. Where the hell are you? I noticed a door next to the wardrobe. Running over to it I tried to open it but it was locked. Banging loudly on the door with no answer I shouted for Demi.

"I checked everywhere else. He's not there." She said entering the room.

"He's in here!" I told her and she ran over to the door.

"I've got a spare key downstairs." she said as she disappeared to go and get it. I continued to shout Josh's name and bang the door. Demi quickly returned and started to fumble with the key in the lock.

"Nicole?" a confused voice came from the other side of the bathroom door.

"Josh, you okay?" I called through to him trying to keep my voice calm.