Chapter 15

Jennel's POV

Nicole has been in her room ever since she got home. She ignored both me  and Josh. We're going out tonight, maybe that'll help. I'll wait till Demi gets home before I try to talk to her. After about five minutes I hear a car pull up outside and then a key in the lock.

"Babe, I'm home!" Demi called from the front door.

"In here." I replied.

"Hey Jen." she walked over to me and kissed me softly. "What's up?" she asked.

"I'm fine, sorry was just thinking."

"Okay, well I have big news..." she trailed off as Josh entered the room. She let go of my arm. "Hi Josh, how was school?"

"Yeah it was good thanks." he said walking over towards us. He tapped my arm and gestured for me to bend down slightly. "Can you talk to NicNic?" he whispered in my ear.

"Of course." I replied rubbing his arm gently. "Why don't you play a game with Demi and I'll go check if Nicole's ready yet." I started to walkout the room when Demi caught my eye. She gave a confused look and I just shook my head before walking up the stairs and standing outside her room.

"Nicole? Can I come in?" I asked knocking gently on the door. I got no response except some shuffling, eventually the door clicked open. I pushed it slowly and entered the room. Nicole was curled up in a ball in the of the bed. I closed the door and sat down next to her. "What's up?" I asked carefully. She simply shook her head.

"Did Josh send yo-u up here?" her voice cracked.

"Yes, he's worried about you. Want to talk?" I replied.

"Erm, well. I picked up Josh and Sapphire was there." she said.

"You mean Sophie." I corrected shaking my head slightly.

"Yeah her. Anyway she spotted me and came over and started talking to me. Anyway it turns out her son is George."

"I know Nicole."

"What do you mean you know?!" she sat up and stared at me.

"When I went round to get my stuff I talked to her about it. She started shouting, denying the whole thing and then you walked in." I explained to her.

"Oh." she replied shocked. "Well she made George apologise and she did as well."

"That's good isn't it? Why are you crying?" I asked slightly confused.

"Yeah, but its not just Sophie. People at school have found out that I was abused at home and that I'm living with Demi." fresh tears started falling.

"I'm sorry Nicole." I pulled her into a hug. "Come on, get ready we're going out for dinner tonight. Demi's treat apparently." I dried her eyes and smiled at her. She returned my smile slightly and walked over to her wardrobe.

"What do I need to wear?" she asked.

"What you've got on is fine." I replied. "I'll leave you to it. See you downstairs in ten." I left her room and walked  into mine and Demi's. I grabbed my leather jacket and pulled it on. I headed to the dresser and applied some eyeliner and lipstick. I slipped into my yellow doc martins and headed downstairs.

Nicole's POV

I walked downstairs and then out to the car. Josh and Demi were already waiting. A few minutes later Jennel joined us after locking up the house. She gave me a warm smile as she climbed on the car. Demi started driving as we all sang along with the radio. We eventually pulled up outside a restaurant and we got out of the car. We walked through the car park and into a restaurant.