Chapter 20

Demi's POV

Nicole looked really apprehensive walking school this morning. I know that she's worried about her French results and she's stressed, but I thought she enjoyed school. I drove off to the studio, after Nicole was inside.

“Hey Demi, you okay today?” Kevin greeted me.

“Hi, yeah. Sorry about yesterday.” I replied smiling.

“As long as you’re alright. Cher’s in already, did you edit the song at all?”

“Yeah, um there you go.” I handed him the sheet with the lyrics on. We walked into the studio and Cher pulled me into a hug straight away. “Hey Cher.”

“Demi! How are you?”

“Good thanks, you?”

“Yep, sort everything out?”

“I hope so.” I replied truthfully.

“You’re looking very smart today.” Cher commented, eyeing my clothes.

“Yeah, I have to head off to work straight after this.” I replied.

“Oh, what do you do?”

“I’m a teacher. I was actually meaning to ask you something. It doesn’t matter if you say no.” I rambled.

“Alright, let’s hear it.” She joked.

“My school’s hold a talent show and I have to find someone to perform. And well I was wondering, if you wouldn’t mind that is-“

“Yeah, I’ll do it.” She said casually.

“Really?!” I asked, a little shocked.

“Course. Text me the details and I’ll be there.”

“Thank you so much, Cher.” She hugged me again and I handed her my phone. She entered her details and passed it back.

“Okay ladies, sing this through and then we’ll make any changes.” Kevin interrupted us, he handed me back the sheet and we entered the booth. The music started and I began to sing. Cher joined for her parts.  We left the booth once we were done. “That’s good, happy with the lyrics?”

“Yeah, you’ve done a good job Dem.” Cher gushed.

“Awesome, I’ll change the music to fit and then we’ll get it all recorded. Demi, do you mind recording some more songs?” Kevin asked.

“Yeah sure, what do you want?”

“Let’s try Here We Go Again, Catch Me and Mistake.” Kevin handed me the lyric sheets and I entered the booth again. Cher stayed and listened. Once we were done with the songs, I left the booth. Grabbing a bottle of water, I chugged it down.

“Thanks for being patient today.” I laughed.

“It’s okay.” Kevin smiled.

“Sorry, but I’ve gotta get to work. Call me when you next want me in?” I asked.

“Of course, here take this.” He handed me a ring binder. “It’s got all the lyrics in and your album track list. At some point we’ll go over it and cut some out or add some.”

“Awesome, thanks! I’ll see you both soon. Bye!” I called, walking out the studio and out to my car. I slung the folder and my bag onto the passenger seat and started driving.

I arrived at school for the start of fourth lesson and went straight for my classroom. It was empty and I don’t have a class until last lesson. I sat in my room for two hours; mainly because I just can’t be bothered to deal with people I don't have to, but also I’m looking over the folder Kevin gave me. I read through the lyrics, some they’ve changed slightly, but all the songs I’ve written are mainly the same.