Chapter 7

Jennel's POV

It's been four hours since any of us last saw Nicole. She's just locked herself away in her room and I don't blame her. What Demi did was pretty crap. The three of us have been in the music room just messing around. Nicole was right Demi does have some good songs.

"I'm gonna go see Nicole, check she's okay." I said, Demi gave me a hard look but nodded. I left the pair of them messing around on a guitar and headed upstairs. I knocked gently on her door, but it fell open slightly.  "Nicole?" I called. No response. "I'm gonna come in okay?" again there was no response so I walked into the room. It was empty and pretty wrecked.  There was a pile of hangers on the floor and draws half open and empty. Fuck.

"Demi, could you come up here a minute?" I called down to her. A minuet later she was by my side.

"What the fuck?" she said taking in the sight. "Nicole get your arse out here now!" she shouted.

"Dem, she's not here. She's gone." i said holding her arms.

"What? No, she can't be. We would've noticed." she said.

"We've been playing music for the past four hours. It would've been easy for her to leave."

"Its my fault isn't it?" she said sitting on the bed and putting her head in her hands. "What have I done?"

"Demi, the only thing you can do now is go and find her." I noticed some paper on the bed just beside Demi. I walked over to the bed and grabbed them. Three notes. One for each of us.

"What do I tell her if I find her?"

"I don't know Dem, but look. Read this, it might give you some ideas." I said handing the note to her. I sat down next to her and we started reading together.

What Demi said had really affected Nicole. I can't believe she thinks that she is hurting Demi. I don't even understand what Demi meant when she said what she did. This is just one fucked up weird situation.

Demi's POV

Jennel handed me a piece of paper. I took it and noticed my name on the top. She sat down next to me with another bit of paper in her hand. She unfolded it and started to read whatever was on it. I opened mine. A letter. The handwriting was so perfect and neat, in some places the ink was smudged from tears. A mixture of mine and hers. I began to read,

'Demi,

I don't know why you don't want me here, but i get it. I should never have accepted your help. When Jennel first came round, I was scared she was going to hurt you again. I still am. But now I see that I am the one causing you the pain you feel. Its my fault you had to see Jennel again, you've been under a lot of stress and I know me and my problems haven't helped that. I'm sorry I'm such a burden, I didn't mean for any of this to happen.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more supportive of you Demi. I hope that you and Jennel are happy together.

To me you'll always be like a sister, thank you for everything. I get that you hate me. But please, I beg of you, look after Josh for me, make sure he knows that I love him. I can't take him with me, its too risky.

I guess I'll see you at school. Stay strong Dem.'

What have I done? I made my babygirl cry and leave. I never wanted her to leave. She can't leave. Josh needs her. Who am I kidding? I need her. We both need her. I pulled out my phone and sent her a text.

Demi (9.32pm): I'm coming to get you babygirl, I'm sorry I said those things. I didn't mean it. Where are you? xx

Jennel pulled me into a hug. "Do you know where she would go?" she asked me. I just shook my head. "Mind if I read yours?" she said gesturing to my letter. Reluctantly I gave her the letter, she read it and handed it back to me. My phone buzzed signalling I had a text,

Nicole (9.34pm): Just fuck off Demi. You made it very clear how you felt towards me. I'm just carrying out your whishes.

My heart just broke even more. I ran downstairs and grabbed my car keys. I jumped into the car and sped off. I drove around the town looking for her. I've been up and down every street. She can't be far away as she's still planning to go to school. I'd been out looking for three hours and I was running low on gas.

"Where the fuck are you?!" I said to myself. I turned the corner and began to head home when I saw her. She was tall and skinny, long dark brown hair. I pulled over and ran after her. "Nicole..Nicole! Wait up, I just want to talk to you." I shouted between panting. She stopped walking and turned to look at me. I felt my heart stop...