Six

Kate

"I met the rudest guy last night!" I whispered to Alessio at the breakfast table.

"Oh?" He replied back calmly cutting a piece of his omelet off and popping it into my mouth.

"Yes! I was in the kitchen grabbing a midnight snack-"

"You know you get nightmares if you eat that late." He interrupted me still perfectly calmly.

"I know, I know. But Donato was with me and-"

"You didn't feed him did you?"

"Of course not." I said without missing a beat. "Now, as I was trying to say, this random guy came in and was being a complete tool. He was so rude! Asking me who I was with the biggest attitude and calling me an idiot."

Alessio popped another bite into his mouth and nodded. "You should put cheese on that, it's to die for." He said with his mouth full.

"I guess I was wagging my finger at him when I started to yell at him and he told me he would break it and then he stole my cereal!"

Alessio let his fork drop noisily to the table and several people turned to look at us. The table was huge, and I do mean huge. Long as shít and every seat was filled. "He threatened you?" He demanded in a sharp tone just a pitch too loud.

I blinked several times and leaned into him. "Calm down." I said in a low voice not wanting to make a scene in front of, well, literally everybody.

"Who?" He said not following my whispering lead in the least bit.

"Alessio." I groaned.

"His name Katherine?"

"I don't know! He didn't tell me."

He huffed loudly. "Well what did he look like?" He demanded.

Nearly naked. "Uh, I don't...I don't know. He had dark hair. And a beard..." I trailed off.

"Well gosh, that narrows it down." He hit back sarcastically.

"Look, it doesn't really matter. I shouldn't have mentioned anything." I muttered and slumped back into my seat sinking down a bit. I should have known better. I really should have.

"The hell you shouldn't have. Who the hell was it? There must've been something? A weird áss mole on his face, stuttering problem, tattoo-"

"He didn't like really threaten me threaten me. It was like hey, don't wag your finger in peoples faces. You know?"

"Katherine."

I sighed heavily. "He had wings on his back. A tattoo."

Alessio pursed his lips thoughtfully. "Was he a worker?"

"I don't know."

"Someone in the family?"

"Babe, I don't know." I linked my arm through his and kissed his cheek. "Eat your omelet. It's to die for, remember?" When he remained stone faced and unmoving I picked up his fork and cut a piece out for him. I raised the fork up to his mouth and he glanced in my direction with a scowl but it slowly faded and he opened his mouth for me to pop it in. "To die for." I teased and put my head on his shoulder.