Seven

Kate

I screamed.

The girl rummaging through my dresser drawers snapped upright immediately, big red curls bouncing as she did so. She spun and pressed herself against the dresser mimicking my scream.

I screamed again, she did the same.

I threw my arms open screaming yet again ad she once again did the same and we flew into each other. A mess of squeals and bouncing and incoherent jabbering that only girls could understand.

"What are you doing here?" I gaped and pulled away but keeping my hands on her shoulders.

"Your wedding, duh!" Mia yelled.

I let this sink in for a moment and simultaneously we both began squealing and jumping up and down again.

"Jesus, I thought someone was getting murdered down here."

I spun around to see Alessio leisurely leaning against the door way, arms crossed over his chest and a smug smirk on his face.

I turned back to face Mia, she was thoroughly inspecting the rock on my finger making appropriate oohs and aahs and moving my hand around to catch the ring at different angles in the light. "I thought you were on tour or something."

Mia and I talked often, we both loved the idea of snail mail so we wrote too. I mean, who takes the time to sit down and actually write a letter, right? We also skyped and occasionally texted but I had only seen her once since our underground adventures.

"Me too." She laughed. "Our designer totally over dosed."

"Oh no, that's terrible!"

"It's postponed. I would have told you but Alessio wanted to surprise you. So...here I am!" She said and we both broke into screams again.

Alessio grimaced and covered his ears.

Mia and I staged ourselves a sleep over, despite the fact that it was quite early in the morning when she arrived. We both put on our most embarrassing pajamas, demanded huge quantities of junk food, and put in old movies like Sixteen Candles, My Girl, and The Breakfast Club, all of which we ignored while we laid in bed together talking for hours.

Mia and I talked about her thriving career, all of Alessio's medical problems after the shooting and how he was doing now, nearly at 100% again though he would claim he was even better than that.

I was so excited about seeing Mia that I nearly forgot about everyone else who would be arriving over the course of the next few days. It was going to be a mad house around here. Currently, only Uncle Sammy, Stacey and Pietro, and a few of Alessio's men were coming up. Nash would be here in a few weeks with Ellie and his girlfriend, and all of the family were invited in the coming month, when they arrived was completely up to them of course.

Alessio had to come back to the room to remind me that Stacey and Pietro would be arriving soon and that I looked like an idiot with my pig tails and a green face mask on.

"You're going to love Stacey. I mean, she's a little bit, erm, huge, right now, pregnant. Probably hormonal and grumpy, and her boyfriend is running a mafia and all so that's a little stressful of course...but you're going to love her, swear it. Hopefully."

"Oh hon relax." Mia said waving her hand dismissively. "You don't even want to know the bitches I deal with on the runway, I got this."