Nine

Kate

                Alessio came into the bedroom with a sigh and began undoing his tie. "That was a lovely dinner wasn't it?"

He glanced over his shoulder to me as I sat on the bed fiddling nervously with the black bag on my lap. 'Katherine?"

"Yes, yes, lovely. I'll be right back." I darted from the bed to the walk in closet with the bag and left Alessio in the room scratching his head.

When Mia had said we were going to make sure I was plenty defiled, she wasn't kidding. I hadn't picked out a wedding dress today, but Mia and Stacey had picked me out a lingerie set, thigh highs and garter to boot along with some, I suppose toys, I had never even known existed.

I came out of the closet in a red and black lingerie set with a whip, and feeling extremely stupid. At this point Alessio had tossed his shirt and shoes to the side and was in only his pants.

"Well. This brings back memories." He muttered looking me up and down and taking a few steps towards me. "And what might I ask-" he paused and gingerly played with the frayed strings of the whip. "-are you planning on doing with this?"

I opened my mouth intending to play along completely, say something sexy, maybe show him instead of telling, but suddenly I found myself crying.

I don't know which of us were more surprised. He tried to shush me, promise me that he wouldn't have hit me that hard with it, suggest I take deep breathes but I couldn't stop.

"Sh, sh, sh." He urged me and cupped my cheeks. "Con calma." He muttered.

"I can't Alessio. I can't take this anymore. I can't! Everyone, all the time. I feel like I'm down under again only worse. I have to dress a certain way, talk a certain way, there's so much expected of me and it's in my face constantly. We left to get away from all of this, the Mafia, the danger, the people. And it's right in my face all the time! I swear if your mother looks done her nose at me one more time or say's she'll set the table so it's done right once more, I'm, I'm, I'm just going to lose it!"

"Baby this is you losing it." He cooed gently.

I started ranting at the speed of light about his mother, and dinner, and the family, how long our house would take to build, how overwhelmed I was and the five pounds I had gained.

"Sei incredibile." He said and pulled my face forward to kiss me. "Sei bellissima." He muttered before kissing me again. "Sei la mia vita." Again he kissed me.

(You ae incredible) (you are beautiful) (You are my life)

"Perche?" I sniffled and noted the corners of his lips raise. "Sono un relitto."

(I'm a wreck)

"Sono pazza di te." He assured me and finally pulled back. "What exactly were you going for with the whip?"

(I'm crazy about you.)

I sniffled again. "Your mom said I shouldn't get a white dress. Because I'm not a virgin." Sniffle.

"She shouldn't have said that." Alessio said in a low tone obviously unhappy with his mother as I handed him the black bag he opened it and his brows shot up.