Twenty Eight

Alessio

Sergio had made his way to a sitting position on Ari's bed when I came back to her room. I didn't spare him a glance as I informed Pietro we had to leave within twelve minutes and forty-three seconds. He didn't question or hesitate before following. He did however set his hand on Sergio's shoulder for a brief moment before following after me.

"So, you want to tell me what happened?" He finally asked once we were on mutual ground, just as we passed the tree.

"No. Not really." I grumbled.

"I haven't seen you this pissed off in quite some time. What did you say to her to make her hit you? Looks like she landed a good one."

I didn't answer. Not for the rest of our walk, not until we were just some feet away from the mansion I stopped walking abruptly. "We kissed. Or, fὑck, I guess I kissed. I kissed her."

Pietro crossed his arms over his chest with a nod. "Yeah, I thought as much." I must had had an odd expression because he smiled lightly. "You look different. When you and Aria are together."

"We aren't together." I quickly countered. "Fὑcking...what the hell do I tell Katherine?"

"You put your words together." He said and began walking again.

I did as well but stopped after a moment when I saw the girls taking bags out of the car talking amongst themselves and laughing. Pietro didn't stop walking and when Stacey saw him she stopped talking to the girls and waddled out to meet him, I spared myself not a moment longer in reluctance as I approached.

"There you are!" Katherine exclaimed as I neared her.

"Indeed." I muttered. "Let the guys get those." I motioned towards the shopping bags. "I need to talk to you."

"And I need to talk to you." She beamed and, for once, followed my word and left the bags for my father's men to gather.

She practically skipped down the lawn with me. How was I to do this? Tell her I had cheated on her? With the woman I had already denied ever having been with to begin with, as we were planning our wedding, I had cheated on her. How could I possibly hit her with this after everything we had been through.

"Katherine I-" I paused. "I have something to tell you, today I-"

"I found it." She blurted out and then covered her mouth. "Sorry, sorry, go ahead. You go first."

I shook my head lightly. "Go on." I could give her this last moment before hurting her.

"I shouldn't tell you anyway." She began rambling. True to Katherine form, talking too fast and excited, her hands weaving through the air as she did her yellow cast providing for an especially dangerous display. "The groom isn't supposed to know right? Or maybe he just shouldn't see? I don't know how all this works but I'm pretty sure it's bad luck or something to tell you this but I'm going to anyway because I'm too excited but I found it. The dress, not the dress but the dress. Stacey cried, well, Stacey cried over everything I tried on but even your mother said it wasn't a terrible look on me which is practically a compliment from her right?" She kept going on, and on, excitedly talking almost too quickly for me to follow. "How funny is it that I find it today of all days? I didn't even want to go, I didn't even wash my hair!"

Fὑck.

Her words were rabbling together through one ear and out the other, I couldn't focus on a single word. I couldn't focus at all. I'd ruined everything for us.

"So what was it you wanted to tell me?" She asked and I came back into the conversation and I had been drifting off into my own thoughts an entire universe of weight on my shoulders. Thoughts about Katherine in a wedding gown, holding my hands with Pietro at my side and Stacey at hers, thoughts about whether or not this would happen if I told her the truth. She should know though. "Alessio?"

I let out a sigh and took her hands in mine, the way she may possibly never let me do again. "I'm sorry Katherine." Slowly her smile wilted. "This isn't going to be easy, I'm hoping you can be understanding, more understanding than I ever could be." Reassuringly I gave her a pitiful smile and ran my thumb back and forth along her knuckles, it brushed over the engagement ring and I pulled the trigger.

"Flowers."

"What?"

"The flowers you've selected. There was some sort of error, they aren't blossoming this year, some sort of shortage, I pressed them to find a solution lest I have to come down there myself but even I can't make flowers grow. The bouquet you've selected, unless we adapt to silk flowers we'll have to select another."

Her smile came back. "Is that all?" She raised to her toes and gave me a quick kiss. "Not everyone is as anal about these things as you are. They're just flowers. They aren't the important part of the day. You and I are." She assured me.

"You're right. I'm sorry."

She gave me a coy look. "Do my ears deceive me? Did Mr. Genovese just really apologize and admit fault all at one time? No argument? No gun to his head? This must be a mistake."

"Perhaps I'm far too distracted by the thought of you in that wedding dress...and of course taking it off..."

She swatted my shoulder but her smile only grew. "Barbarian." She giggled but it tapered off as she gave me a good look. "What happened to your jaw?"

I pushed her hand away. "It's fine. Why don't you go inside, I'll be in in just a moment."

She hesitated for a moment, then glanced towards the door, the girls had already gone in, Pietro was lingering outside waiting for me, maybe waiting to break up some sort of riot should Katherine try to strangle me if I had actually told her the truth. "Okay." She finally decided.

I watched her go, Pietro came to my side as she let the front door shut behind her.

"Calling the fὑcking florist." I muttered and started up after them as Pietro stood behind slowly shaking his head. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

I realize  that this one is short but come on,there have been a LOT of updates lately, but that's great right! Today is FRIDAY. How long has it been since I said TGIF?? Who misses weekly updates? Who prefers them sporadic?

My music taste is old af isn't it? Always open to new song suggestions ;*

Don't forget to vote vote vote, and comment comment comment <3