Thirty Seven

Alessio

"The docks." I muttered as she pulled the car to a stop alongside four other parked cars, one of which was one of our own. "Always a great sign. Wait in the car."

"Like hell."

"I need you to wait in the car. I can't have you both hurt today, please."

"Too late for that Genovese." She didn't wait for me before getting out of the car. I quickly followed her and grabbed her roughly by the arm.

"Not unarmed." I said with no room for debate. "You go down there with me you take a weapon. Nonnegotiable."

"He's my brother."

"Nonnegotiable!"

With an eye roll she pulled the right side of dress up to reveal a gun strapped to her upper outer thigh. "I always have a weapon Alessio." She said taking it from the holster. "And this time, it's pink."

With a nod I followed her down the grassy terrain and to the docks.

Sure enough, the docks had six men lining it, Tommy in hand waiting for us. Off the dock and in the water Dante stood on a buoy with a tied up and gagged Kate.

I kept my eyes trained to Kate as we stepped onto the wooden dock. That surreal feeling fluttered around me, taking me as far from reality as possible and planting me in a perfectly calm state of mind. Her eyes were red and mascara running, from this situation or our own, I couldn't be sure. She was gagged, naturally, hands bound behind her, knees and ankles tied together, big filthy tan colored life jacket on her, and Dante had a hand tangled in her hair. Surprisingly, she didn't look scared, she looked pissed as all hell.

"My, my, my." Dante said loudly from the water once we had stopped at the center of the dock "So nice of you to join our little get together." He said pleasantly.

"Katherine, baby, are you okay?" She nodded. "Has he hurt you?" She seemed to take a moment to consider this before shaking her head. "Everything will be okay, understand me? I'm not leaving this dock without you, I promise you, everything will be okay."

"How sickeningly cute." Dante muttered and then his eyes traveled over to Ari. "Go wait in my car."

"The hell I will."

Dante glanced to me and raised an eyebrow, waiting for me to tell her to do the same, when I kept my smoldering gaze on Dante and mouth closed Dante shrugged and pushed Kate off the buoy. She sunk under the water immediately.

Aria and I raised our guns in unison to Dante and the six men surrounded us naturally pointed their guns to us. "Ah, ah, ah. I wouldn't do that if I were you." Dante said in complete calmness as he untied a rope from one of the poles on the buoy. The surface of the water shook with struggled waves and bubbles. "You see if you kill me then you'll certainly be killing her. You don't think I'd get into this water without taking precautions like weighing her down do you? This vest isn't a life vest, quite the contrary. It's a weighted vest. Your little Kate will be going straight down." He pulled her up by the rope, it must have been connected to the rope around her ankles and knees, perhaps her wrists behind her back, maybe even the back of the life vest in general. In any case, the rope held Katherine up, and Dante held the rope. He pulled her up just far enough that she sat on the edge of the buoy and calmly he pushed the gag from her mouth to allow her to gasp and cough violently spitting out water she'd inhaled through her nose. "Now, I'll say again. Guns down." He looked towards his men and with a scoff added in. "Take her to my car."