Chapter One

~COPYRIGHT 2011~

*Rosie’s POV*

The girls and I piled into the school bus after our final swim meet of the season. I was kind of glad that the season was over. It’s been tedious.

My small group made their way to the back, where we always sat. For some reason, no one else wanted to sit back there. Jordan took her seat next to me and I placed my iPod in my ears, zoning out. I was too exhausted to care about anything that was going on around me.

Next thing I know, I hear laughing and I look up to see what the ruckus is. A bunch of the others are pressing their faces against the windows, smiling and giggling. I was laughing at their behavior. I looked out the window to see what they were getting all worked up about and found a car filled with a bunch of cute guys. Wow, really? Are they that pathetic? I just went back to my iPod, ignoring it.

*Caleb’s POV*

We’re driving down the road just minding our own business when we come across a bus filled with girls. They were staring and it was starting to get a bit creepy.

“Dude, check it out,” my brother laughed, pointing up.

A bunch of them had their flirty faces on and had their faces squashed against the window. I scowled. Why did human girls have to be so typical?

My eyes travelled along the length of the bus while the guys kept waving at the girls. I came upon a beautiful girl with long wavy brunette hair. She wasn’t paying attention, but she’d definitely caught my attention.

‘Mine’, I heard my inner wolf growl. What the fuck? Is he serious right now?

‘That’s our mate?’ I asked my wolf.

‘Hell yeah! Look at her!’ he replied.

I stared for a moment later when I felt my heart begin to flutter. I wanted nothing more than for her to see me. I wanted to bang on the window. I started banging when my hand was stopped.

“Dude, calm yourself down! What’s gotten you so worked up?” Jake asked.

“My mate…” I said, staring at her, my hands pressed against the cold window.

“WHAT?” Matt screamed, staring at me with wide eyes.

“I found my mate…” I whispered.

Everyone went silent.

“I found mine…” Dimitri trailed off.

“Me too,” Jack said.

Next thing I know, everybody is saying it and we’re swerving all over the road. I snapped out of my daze and grabbed Nik’s shoulder. He looked over at me and I pointed to the road. He automatically went back to driving safely.