Chapter Nine

The external link is to the picture of Jordan's date outfit! Please check it out!

~COPYRIGHT 2011~

*Jake’s POV*

I decided today would be a great day to give my mate a call. I mean, it’s the weekend so she doesn’t have school. And anyways, I never called her for a date like I had promised. Our date was supposed to be quite a few days ago.

I picked up my phone and pressed on the contact labeled, ‘Jordan’. It rang and rang until I heard her melodious voice.

“Hello?”

“Hey, it’s Jake,” I said. She was silent. “From the mall?”

“Oh, hey!” she exclaimed. “I was wondering when you were going to call. I was beginning to think you weren’t interested.”

“Oh, trust me, I’m interested,” I chuckled. “A lot of stuff came up. But I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go out tonight.”

“It depends. Where are we going?” I could tell she was smirking.

“Well, that’s a surprise. You’ll only find out if you come.”

She sighed. “I guess I could come. When and where do you want me to meet you?”

“How about we meet at the beach at 4 o’clock?” I just had the perfect idea for a date. She’d be surprised alright!

“That sounds good to me.”

“I’ll see you then, cutie,” I said, then hung up.

I grabbed some things from the basement and packed them in the back of the car. I then ran back into the house, screaming for my mother. She came running out of breath.

“What is it sweetie?” she asked. “What’s wrong?”

“I need your help,” I told her.

“What is it?”

“I need you to help me cook. I’m going on a date with my mate and I need some good food.”

She smiled. “Oh, honey! Why didn’t you ask before? Of course I’ll help you! Where are you guys going?”

“I’m bringing her for dinner on the beach. I need to go set up! That’s why I need you to cook!”

“Alright, I’ll get Sarah and we’ll cook up something. Go on and set up. I’ll send somebody with the food later. What time do we have to be ready by?”