Chapter Twenty Three

Watch the video to the right to see what your outfits for the funeral look like! I was talking to Nate the other day and she made a good point. We shouldn’t all wear black. We’re supposed to be celebrating the person’s life, not be so depressed. I know it’s sad, but we need to understand that they are in a better place. So that is why many of the outfits have colors.

There is a rated R version of this chapter on my channel if you want to read it!

~COPYRIGHT 2012~

*Nadina’s POV*

The girls all stood in our outfits linked onto the arms of our mates. The casket was being carried by some of the elders to the pack graveyard and we were all following. Matt, Caleb, Rosie and I were leading the entire pack to the newly dug grave, which was right beside their father’s grave.

It took ten minutes to finally get to the location and Sarah’s casket was laid down on the device that would put her into the ground. The pack preacher stood in front of us as we took our seats in the chairs that had been set up.

“We are here today to celebrate the amazing life of Sarah Anne Archer,” he started. “Sarah Anne was an amazing Luna and we were thrilled the moment that she stepped up beside Robert. She was perfect for the job. She was loved by every single person in this pack and I couldn’t begin to thank her for all of the things that she did. And now she can join her mate in Heaven where they can be together for eternity. May god bless this casket where she will lay for the rest of eternity. May Sarah’s soul pass over safely. Do her sons want to speak about her?”

Matt stood up and walked up in front of everyone. He was trying to keep his composure as he cleared his throat.

“My mother was the one that my brother and I could go to whenever we needed to talk. She understood us and she knew what to do whenever we were down. And when dad passed away, she never once let go of her faith. She stood strong and took care of us. I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we’ll miss her dearly,” he said. He kissed his hand and placed it on the casket. “I love you mama.”

Tears soaked my cheeks as he came back to me. He weakly smiled at me and wrapped his arm around my waist, letting me cry silently. Caleb stepped up next.

“My mother was perfect for my father. She made him the happiest man alive and when we were born and growing up, I could see how much he loved her. He loved us because we were a product of their loving relationship. Matt hit it right on spot when he said that she knew how to comfort us. It’s called ice cream and cookies,” he said, making us all laugh. “But I know that even though she’s not with us, she’s happy. She’s with our father and we can’t deny her that chance. I hope she enjoys herself because before she knows it, we’ll be ruining their fun.”

Everyone chuckled again and he sat down. Rosie pecked him on the cheek. The preacher stood up once again.

“Right now we are going to lower Sarah into the ground,” he announced and two workmen stepped forward.