Chapter Six

~COPYRIGHT 2011~

*The next day - Rosie's POV*

I woke up in an unfamiliar place, wrapped up in blankets, in a bed. I sat up and looked around. I was in a bedroom, one that I definitely hadn't been in before. Where was I?

My heart started beating rapidly as I got more and more nervous. I yanked the covers off of my body and got ready to get up when the door was yanked open.

Standing there was the black haired guy from last night, the one who had turned into a wolf. I jumped back into the bed and covered myself with the blankets, shaking with fear. I heard his feet shuffling against the ground, moving closer to me. And in a flash, the blankets were tossed off of me. I cowered as he loomed over me. He did not make an advance though.

"You don't need to be afraid of me," he whispered. "I'm not a monster."

"Bullshit you aren't! You morphed into a fucking wolf!" I yelled.

He sat down beside me and sighed. I sat up against the headboard and surveyed him. He looked as if he was thinking.

"Do you want an explanation?" he asked.

"Yeah! What do you think?" I catechized with a hint of sass.

He seemed to cringe when I raised my voice at him.

"Alright, so as you already know, I'm a werewolf," he elucidated. "I am the Alpha, or the leader, of this pack. After my father died, I took over. Do you recognize me at all?"

"No! I've never seen you in my life!"

"Yes you have. I was one of the guys in the car next to your bus," he said.

"Oh..." I trailed off. "So why did you save me?"

"Because you're my mate."

"I'm your what?"

"You see, every werewolf has a mate, a person they are meant to be with for the rest of their lives. A soul mate if you will," he said. "I figured out that you were mine the moment I laid eyes on you. My friends found theirs that day too. Their mates are your friends."

"Wait a second. You're telling me that I'm meant to be with you and my friends are meant to be with your friends? I don't even know you! How do I know you're not lying?"

He laid his hand on my arm and sparks ran up it, sending a shiver down my spine.

"Do you feel that?" he questioned and I nodded. "This feeling is the first step. It is all ignited by a touch. It starts the bond. We'll both feel it but since you're a human, it'll be weaker. Next comes the claiming. I will bite you right here on your neck."