Chapter Twelve

Click the external link to see what Diana’s date outfit looks like!

~COPYRIGHT 2012~

*Tuesday - Diana’s POV*

My eyes widened when my phone rang in the middle of class. Who in the hell would be calling me now? I sat up straight and acted as if it wasn’t mine. It stopped ringing right as the teacher walked over to my partner and me.

“I don’t know which one of yours that was, but if I hear it again, you’re going to the office,” she warned.

We both nodded nervously and then she went back to the front of the classroom. I mouthed a sorry to my partner who was staring angrily at me. My bad.

After class I headed into the bathroom to see who called me and nearly got me into trouble. I flipped my cell open and it revealed an unknown number. I grumbled angrily to myself as I dialed it back.

“Hello?” a voice asked.

“Who in the hell in this?” I questioned.

“Who is THIS?” they responded with a question.

“Diana. Why’d you call me? Who are you looking for?”

“Diana? It’s Jack!”

“Jack? From Starbucks?”

“Yeah, it’s me.”

“I have school right now. Why would you call me?”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know. You looked older than a high schooler.”

“Whatever,” I mumbled. “What do you want?”

“Damn, you’re in a bad mood aren’t you?”

“Yeah, I am. You nearly got me sent to the office, you idiot!”

“I’m sorry! I was just calling to see if you wanted to go out tonight. But apparently you’re too pissed to care,” he said angrily.

My face automatically softened and I relaxed. “Listen, I’m sorry Jack. I’ve just had a bad day so far. I would love to go out with you tonight though. What do you have planned?”

“That’s for me to know and you to find out. Meet me at the park around 5. I’ll see you there.”

With that, he hung up. I stared at my phone. How rude of him to just hang up on me and not to say goodbye! I sighed and headed off to my next class wondering what the date was going to be. Why couldn’t he tell me? That jerk.